Let me introduce myself

Born Again Fisher

Reaction score
Hello everyone - been lurking for some time and finally drawn out of the woodwork by the Lower Severn thread.....

My details are in my profile - have been Barbel fishing for nearly 3 years and regular poster on BFW.

It will be fun being on Fishing Magic :eek:)

Cheers
Graham
BAF

Deanos

Reaction score
When you are on the bank for the day Graham, do you take sandwiches or a large pie?

I am compiling data for an article for my magazine ?Barbel and Kung Fu Monthly?
(I am not supposed to tell you this!?but there will soon be a range of bank side snacks available from one of THE big tackle firms, the range will be called ?nackers snackers? and have in the range crisps, pork scratchings and of course PIES!?and if you eat them instead of sandwiches, you will catch more fish!?well that?s what I intend to put on the advertising blurb anyway!).
Don?t enter any competitions on here which claim to have very expensive barbel rods as the prizes?at the last Trent fish in, Granville Marzdin the site ?supremo? had no less than seven very expensive barbel rods all set up in the same swim?that should give you a clue as to what happens to them!?he is a fiend!
Welcome to the site Graham, and watch out for the nutcases!?if you want to know who the mad ones are, just ask me first and I shall put you right!

Born Again Fisher

Reaction score
Soup in a flask - with a few slices of granary bread for me at the moment deanos - not lured by any flashy packaging - i f I eat crisps I make my own - Richworths 50/50 with a few mls of monster crab rolled out nice and thin and deep fried to perfection :) mmmmmmmmmmmm

Also, as I said I've been lurking for some time so know who all the mad ones are - and that's the whole lot of you - except Wendy of course.

Cheers
BAF

F

Fred Bonney

Welcome Graham,you obviously already know,what your letting yourself in for,have fun?
It would be useful if you made jam,'cos that's what Wendy likes.....apparently.

captain carrott

Reaction score
"Also, as I said I've been lurking for some time so know who all the mad ones are - and that's the whole lot of you - except Wendy of course."

slander absolute slander, how can you class me as being as mad as the rest of them, i demand a retraction of this statement immediately sir. i demand satisfaction.

what's more he lumped the rest of you lot in with deanos, lord paul, eddie cardus and BAZ.

Deanos

Reaction score
SOUP!...in a FLASK!

That is what train spotters have for lunch!

Sort your life out Graham (the monster crab on crisps is quite good...I have eaten many boilies n my time, and monster crab are up with the best of them!).

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Welcome old bean - Haver you posted the standard joining fee off to me yet? If not just send a large stilton and a bottle of finest port and your membership card will be posted in return - but watch out Baz my snatch it!!

Born Again Fisher

Reaction score
Oh no - long have I enjoyed the lofty position of being a real angler - not a carp angler - now barbel and carp are mentioned in the same barbed tones :)

I'm planning to do a bit of worming for Perch tonight before dusk - while waiting for the barbel/bream to get their heads down on my bait - can we still be friends?

Cheers
Graham
BAF

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Born again Fisher

The Stilton can be either white or blue.

But port is only ever red - I refuse to recognise white port - tried some once - horrible muck

For your reference mustard is only ever yellow - the brown stuff the french have is NOT mustard.

captain carrott

Reaction score
"I'm planning to do a bit of worming for Perch tonight before dusk - while waiting for the barbel/bream to get their heads down on my bait - can we still be friends?"

well done that man now that's proper fishing. :)

Deanos

Reaction score
Dont send Lord Paul any of that rich food, he has gout...his feet look like a hobbits!