Angling Sale

New Kid

Reaction score
Has anyone bought Tackle from the Angling Sales. There is one at the Ricoh Arena Coventry on October 14th.Are there bargains to be had or do you have to be careful when going to these Tackle Shows.Any advice welcome Thank's.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
You can pick up the odd good bargain ,but beware the tat.

If your new to fishing these can be a good way to buy cheap gear- but if you want specific tackle you may find it no cheaper

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Any time my good man

Also New kid the food at these places appeals to the likes of Deanos, pies, chip and brown ale. You will need to take your own port(red type)and stilton.

K

Kevin Perkins * CLXXX *

Lord Paul

I would have thought if you were lowering yourself to visit one of these jumped up car boot sales, after having all the riff-raff genuflect in front of you, you would treat the affair a bit like a point to point meeting.

Picnic on the back of the Range Rover, crisp white linen and the family crested silver(hamper from Fortnum's of course)
perhaps a goodly portion of jugged hare, an ample slice of game pie, a modicum of fois gras, washed down with a jug of claret, before the Port and Stilton - surely.

Wouldn't want to think you were letting standards slip

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Quite right Kevin my good man - I'll be speaking to the Butler about the catering arrangements in the future.

S

Scott Whatmore

My Dad and I went to the Evesham festival together this year. I was after a new pole and got a cracking deal.

I did have to fib a little and told each stallholder that the other ones would do it ?25 cheaper than they actually did, but by not taking the P too much I came up with a deal I was happy with.

Most of the stuff on sale was either car boot type rubbish not worth buying or good gear but at the same price as in the shops.

The council had charged the stallholders an extortionally high rent for the weekend and they couldnt afford to give a bargain on most things. Shame because a lot of the bigger shops didnt bother going.

My advice, make sure you know what you want beforehand, know how much it is normally and dont buy for the sake of buying.

stikflote

Reaction score
i have been to a couple of these angling sales, i find a lot of the stuff is unknown brands, and doesnt seem to be very high quality

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Have you seen that Carp rod on offer in the A.T.? (Dragoncarp) ?10.
If you don't fish with it , it also makes a good marker rod, or for spodding out with.
Can't complain at that price.

New Kid

Reaction score
Thank.s for all your replies lads.Ive seen a chair I fancy on the Bosfish site . It.s called the Frank Warwick Trakker Chair With Arms. Price ?39.99.If anyone has got this chair could you let me know how high the seat is off the ground as I need one quite high because of back problems. Thank.s