Next stupid question

McPlop

Reaction score
I once foolishly entered a fishing competion at one of my local venues and managed to finsh 28th out of 30, narrowly beating another anglers two children (the only two kids there). I decided from then that matches were not my cup of tea. (Being a competative twat.) Anyway, i've again foolishly been talked into entering my "works" match this sunday and fear the worst. Any helpfull hints would be greatly apprieciated and may prevent my suicide bid later that night. Match lake at Lavender farm nr Faversham.

B

Bully

May help if you let us know what methods you were considering??

McPlop

Reaction score
Was thinking i'd use my quiver tip rod with a cage feeder. Whilst facing the liquidy thing where the land stops. Most other blokes will be on poles (surprisingly).

L

Les Clark

I could pop along and throw bricks in your swim ,then you would have a good excuse for not catching .
( I live at Swalecliffe ).

MattyBoy

Reaction score
Fish with a simple waggler float, with small shot dotted down the line, fish hooklink no smaller then 2lb 8oz in case you hook a decent carp. Most fish will be on the 1lb to 3lb size, keep the bait going in little and often, best baits this time of year will be Meat, corn, Maggot caster and tiny carp pellet. Feed close in right on edge of reeds and feed second area just a bit further out just to switch over to later on, Float will outfish the feeder 2/1 any day of the week just keep it simple and feed little and often. Ground bait just turns the fish off down there. I live just down the road sittingbourne fished there a bit oh and worms may be a good back up bait perch always show up on the worm.any more advise needed let me know

T

Terry D

Keep feeding your main swim little and often, all through the match. Make sure you've plumbed up correctly and start on the bottom. Come up in the water later on if required. But keep feeding the same swims and don't try and spread your feed around too many swims.

McPlop

Reaction score
Thanks for that gents. I'll post my however embarrasing results sunday. Or might just ask for some advice on fishing related suicide methods.

T

The Monk

it could have been worst, you could have come 30th, dont worry about not catching, I`ve blanked on top waters many a time when all around have been catching, it happens to the best of us, good luck next time mate

McPlop

Reaction score
Cheers for earlier input gentlemen. No suicide bids tonight, finished mid way out of 30 with 12 fish totaling 17lb 4oz. Think the bloke who won had around 64lb. But still cant quite get my head around this match fishing lark.

T

The Monk

sling the matches mate, get a bivvy and catch fish on your own terms

McPlop

Reaction score
Well said. Only the second match I've ever taken part in. And can't see me doing too many others. Dont get me wrong good bunch of lads, but the "you fish there" "all in, all out" just aint for me.