TOP WINTER WATERS

T

Terry Edmonds

IM LOOKING FOR SOME WINTER ACTION,WHERE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND? A WATER WITH LOTS OF DOUBLES AND MAYBE A FEW TWENTIES WOULD BE IDEAL.
I LIVE IN ESSEX.

ANY IDEAS APPRECIATED, THANKS TERRY

C

Carp Angler

I'd suggest Layer Pits, run by Colchester Angling Preservation Society.

Their website doesn't seem to load, so I'd suggest contacting your local tackle shop.

T

Terry Edmonds

thanks for that, i have thought about that but there is a waiting list in operation! im a member of c.a.p.s already, they have a lake called pebmarsh thats near to producing its first forty, but really hard in winter.
not much pressure on pebmarsh in summer its 18 acres, thanks anyway

C

Carp Angler

Walthamstow 1&2 chuck up quite a few fish in the winter, decent size ones aswell.

That must be only 30 minutes for you.

T

Terry Edmonds

hadn't thought of that! do you know anything about the waters, tatics,opening times,price etc.

D

David Will

Terry , other than looking at I have not fished it.I know Danny Fairbrass has fished it a bit , and I recall a few articles by him following sessions there.If you try him through Korda or the Anglers Mail I am sure he will help. I fish a the Relief Channel near there and judging by the buzzer action it is a prolific water.It is day ticket and night fishing is allowed.Another thing to try is to speak to the staff at Simpsons of Turnford they are usually on the ball. Tight lines.

T

Terry Edmonds

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE I WILL TRY AND FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WALTHAMSTOW RESERVOIRS.

HAVE YOU FISHED THE RELIEF CHANNEL FOR CARP
YOURSELF? THE BUZZER ACTION SOUNDS APPEALING THIS WINTER!

C

Carp Angler

There's no night fishing on Walthamstow.
The office opens at 7am and prices were ?6 last year.

Best chance of action is 1&2 although most of the big lumps come out of the Lower and Higher thru the winter.

D

David Gale

can any one tell me anything about fleets dams small fish (roach and pearch and skimmers) also some good pole rigs

C

Cakey

Terry
I live in Cheshunt 10 mins from the res's.
this time of year the Higher Maynard is probably your best bet.Fish fairly tight to one of the two islands.Theres a common around 38lbs comes out to the lucky ones.
If you want a quick bash em out water just to get a bend in your rod try Holyfields at fishers green lane ,Waltham Abbey.
Have you tried the one at Bulphan Park called Burrows Farm in down town Essex ?

CAKEY

T

Terry Edmonds

thanks for all the help, im going try walthamstow res, going for a walk around there this weekend.

N

Neil Wayte

I had my fair share out of the relief chanel at the begining of the season,the best being 15 fish in two nights but the bigger fish evaded me again.But who cares when you are fishing in such pleasant surroundings.I'm going back over christmas to try and tempt one of the bigger fish that have found their way into the chanel durring last winters flooding.
There is an outside chance one of them could be very very close to 40lb now.
Tickets are now half price for the venue so check out the RMC site on rmcangling.co.uk.
Sorry for the blatant plug Graham.