glue

david3092

Reaction score
hi anyone help i have just purchased a Middy 2nd generation power top kit and cup kit when it arrived the screw attachment was already glued on apart from using a saw does anyone no how i can get the screw thingy off someone said soak it in boiling water but i dont want to melt the blessed thing ta

W

Wolfman Woody

Boiling water won't melt the carbon or resin of the pole, but it might (might, I say) help loosen the screw-in thingy.

However, if that was properly stuck in with a resin based glue, it could be as hard as the pole itself.

david3092

Reaction score
when i was fishing yesterday i hooked a 6lb plus carp and the top of pole snapped and the extension is cheaper than buying a new top kit unless anyone knows where i can get another top kit for a maver moby **** 10.8mts for under ?28.00 thanks in advance

Beecy

Reaction score
you may as well just saw it off, youl only loose a couple of inches.

Joskin

Reaction score
Have you had the pole very long? I ask this as there is no way under normal use a 6lb carp would break any section of a Maver Mobydick. Perhaps you should take the pole back to the retailer and ask for a new section F.O.C.

Your pole should be able to handle fish a lot bigger than that.

david3092

Reaction score
had it about two years mind you it was only recently that i noticed that it looked like there had been a repair done on it but even then i think it would be to late to complain

james faulkner 3

Reaction score
Ihave a maver mobydick 10.80 mt pole that was given to me about a year and a half ago as a gift but have no intention of using it.Itis unused as new in original bag with two extra sections. I am Looking to sell it on ebay could anyone tell me what i could expect to get for it? Any Help would be much appreciated thank you.