Looking for a new bib and brace

S

Sean Meeghan

Hi All

My old Prologic bib and brace has finally bit the dust. I'm looking for a new bib and brace for my winter fishing so it must be totally waterproof and reasonably warm. Anyone got any recommendations?

Spiros

Reaction score
You won't go far wrong with the ESP bib and brace Sean not cheap but you get what you pay for, or any ESP product come to that!

E

EC

Sundridge by a mile Sean, I've had one (Igloo) ages mate, and used it for digging lugworm etc as well.

To my knowledge sundridge is the only angling clothing firm to give a 2 yr guarantee, I've had mine about 6yrs.

They do a black 'crossflow' b&b for sea fishing, a few sea anglers I know have these and are well pleased, abd there a few newer models out now too!

They do quite a few so its well worth a look here.

If you want anymore info pm me.

S

Sean Meeghan

Thanks folks I'll take a look. Neil, tride Mothercare on the way home, but didn't fancy the Winnie the Pooh and Tigger look!

fred hall

Reaction score
I recently bit the bullet and shelled out on a Halkon Hunt made to measure Gortex b & b. I seem to have gone through umpteen in recent years Shimano, cheapo it didn't matter. Either the zip bust or more usual the legs were too long for my short "arms" and the end of the legs just shredded. Obviously it is too soon to give you a performance review of my HH garment but first impressions are very favourable and the service was excellent.

MattyBoy

Reaction score
hi sean Try the prologic bib and brace if you can get hold of them they are 100% waterproof, i know they are real tree camo but, at the end of the day they look good and are unbeatable for warmt and protection agains the harshest rain
Loads of pockets, reinforced knees etc etc i think you ca get them in green some where ill check it out get back to you

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

I've used a Sundridge Igloo (Jacket + Bib & Brace) for years. It is utterly superb.

These days I've also got a lightweight Bracken (Jacket + Bib & Brace) for the warmer months and it too is a great bit of kit.

If you want to be warm, dry and comfortable in any conditions and have a suit that will take a lot of wear buy Sundridge.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I didn't know they did ladies sizes Wol ...

W

Wolfman Woody

Ed, Wol, I wish you two poofs would pack it in. :eek:)

Bought a pair of ESP Drenchwear Camo Salopettes yesterday (same as bib and brace). They are fleece lined to just below the knee and the material has a 5000mm hydrostatic head, waterproof enough.

Didn't half keep me warm on the bank last night and that's perhaps the coldest night we've had so far. 7.5? on the clock going home, but colder by the water.

Sean, if you want a pair they were ?40 (normally twive that), but you'll need to order by phone and see if they will post for you. PM me if you're interested.

S

Sean Meeghan

Thanks again folks. Looks like its a Sundridge for me. Sorry but won't wear camo!!!

J

john ledger

Sundridge Arctic is the one Sean,even keep a tight old sod like you warm