• bottom

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • clay, silt, weed, gravel

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carp1

Reaction score
hi just a quick question. do anyone know what is on the bottom of plantations carp lake i.e silt,clay? cheers :confused:

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Do you mean Plantations in Kingston Seymour?

If so, I would say it's probably clay-ish... the lake is man made and the banks (and excavated soil round the sides) seems to be quite clay-ey (is that a word?)

I love this lake! More bubblers than a jacuzzi and generally a good day guaranteed if you work a bit.

carp1

Reaction score
ye thanks alot mate. im going there saturday. somone told me it was weedy:)

dannytaylor

Reaction score
what happened to finding out for yourself :confused:

Heres a tip tie a lead to the end of your line cast it out and drag it back.........................

gentle

Reaction score
what happened to finding out for yourself :confused:

Heres a tip tie a lead to the end of your line cast it out and drag it back.........................

Yeah and what happened to asking the locals anglers for a bit of there expertise..... Oh yeah thats what he is doing. Maybe hes just a bit more friendly and open to discussion than you.

dannytaylor

Reaction score
im more than up for helping people, but that is pure lazy. Its all part of the fun of angling working things out for yourself. Plumbing the depth and finding out what the bottom make up of a water is very basic angling skill, its simple to do and takes a few mins, you can even find out by mistake. But to put a poll up on the internet :rolleyes: Its like turning up at a water and asking another angler to tie your hook on for you. :eek:mg:

richiekelly

Reaction score
im more than up for helping people, but that is pure lazy. Its all part of the fun of angling working things out for yourself. Plumbing the depth and finding out what the bottom make up of a water is very basic angling skill, its simple to do and takes a few mins, you can even find out by mistake. But to put a poll up on the internet :rolleyes: Its like turning up at a water and asking another angler to tie your hook on for you. :eek:mg:

i suspect that carp1 is one of our younger or less experienced members but i may be wrong, he may not know how to do the things you mention, everyone needs help at some time.

i have been at a water and asked someone else to tie a hook on for me usualy small ones that my son ties on for me when my right hand is shaking so much i cant do it myself.

dannytaylor

Reaction score
i suspect that carp1 is one of our younger or less experienced members but i may be wrong, he may not know how to do the things you mention, everyone needs help at some time.

i have been at a water and asked someone else to tie a hook on for me usualy small ones that my son ties on for me when my right hand is shaking so much i cant do it myself.

fair enough, i dont want to offend. I suppose he could be a junior, thats the thing i hate about forums you dont often know who you are dealing with.

I have heard this sort of thing before from "instant" carpers who have done little other fishing and it grates. What happened to a learning curve and working things out for yourself.

richiekelly

Reaction score
fair enough, i dont want to offend. I suppose he could be a junior, thats the thing i hate about forums you dont often know who you are dealing with.

I have heard this sort of thing before from "instant" carpers who have done little other fishing and it grates. What happened to a learning curve and working things out for yourself.

i think the thing to do perhaps is to show newcomers the basics and then let them start to work things out for themselves, i used to pride myself on being a good barbel spotter, my lad is now much better than me but perhaps its just that my eyes are not what they were. to me working things out is the best bit about fishing although i am not always succesful far from it.

gentle

Reaction score
The lad on the other hand might have limited time to fish. He might want to pro out his line colour to match the lake bottom. He might want to pre tie rigs to match the conditions on the bottom or that have a proven track record of catching. Not all carpers have the luxury of being able to apply the time and effort required by those who can dedicate long sessions and in all honesty theres some lakes that ploughing the bottom with a lead in the swim might just destroy the chances of catching for the day. Now im sure your not intentionally being harsh Danny but maybe you could consider that carping on some waters can be notoriously tough and making one bad decision before you get to the bank ie. wrong bait tactics, highly visible rigs or just fishing in the places the fish dont go could spoil said anglers experience. In short if anyone wants information to help them enjoy their day then its up to us if we choose to give that information to them. If we choose not to help then its probably best we dont criticise either.

G.

carp1

Reaction score
to gental.. thanks mate you were spot on i only wanted to know cause like you said i wanted to make some rigs before i went..... and as for that **** danny taylor he's one of they blokes that gives a load of mouth on a forum cause he can't do it anywhere else.. and he shouldn't coment if he don't know the full facts:mad:

dannytaylor

Reaction score
Well im not somebody who needs to hind behind a false name. "one of them blokes who are all mouth" listen I can back all my posts up with experience and good fish catches. Who are you by the way? You want to know what the bottom make up is of your fishery, well go and take a dive in it and find out. Muppet. :D

sagalout

Reaction score
But who's better, dannytaylor or carp1? There's only one way to find out.....

richiekelly

Reaction score
fight fight fight :wh

carp1 it might have avoided this if you had given the reason for wanting the info you requested, as for DT hiding i have never known him to be anything other than open and helpfull on this forum.

Last edited:

gentle

Reaction score
Have a good one Danny. I meant no disrespect to either of the posters here only giving advice. I would just like to see a bit of empathy going out from this forum rather than smack talk. As for hiding behind my name... its what most people bankside know me as. I reserve the right to use my Sunday name when I see my mother.

Since none of you are my mother......

dannytaylor

Reaction score
Have a good one Danny. I meant no disrespect to either of the posters here only giving advice. I would just like to see a bit of empathy going out from this forum rather than smack talk. As for hiding behind my name... its what most people bankside know me as. I reserve the right to use my Sunday name when I see my mother.

Since none of you are my mother......

No offence taken from me gentle :w, i aimed my comments towards carp1.
appreciate your reply though. :)

carp1

Reaction score
what a **** you are! and as for you saying what you said make sure i dont see you on the bank remember i know what you look like! thick ****