River TRENT at Sawley.

A

alan whittington

Hi fellas,can anyone tell me if the river above the bridge,behind the Harrington Arms is still dayticket.

A

alan whittington

Could it be a Pride of Derby water? They have a stretch thereabouts

Fred,i believe they have the water on the opposite bank,either that or Derby railway,to the short stretch im talking about,ive a phone number for the pub,its just a pain talking to a bar person with possibly no knowledge,there's usually someone that knows on FM.

si

Reaction score
its run by armaduct angling club you can get a ticket from stapleford angling its a few miles away from sawley its a season ticket i think its £25

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
pride of derby & derby railway have both banks above the weir except where the derwent meets the trent that and the lower derwent is derby county ac .

from the road bridge too the boat houses was dayticketed they was available from the tackleshop on tamworth road (sawley) but thats closed now ,the pub itself might sell tickets .or bridge tackle at long eaton might be able too help ,Tel No: 0115 972 8338

A

alan whittington

Thanks Si,i'd heard that club mentioned,but couldnt get anything to come up on google.
I have to add this,i rung the pub tonight and as expected,what seemed like a waitress said she knew nothing about any fishing.:wh

A

alan whittington

pride of derby & derby railway have both banks above the weir except where the derwent meets the trent that and the lower derwent is derby county ac .

from the road bridge too the boat houses was dayticketed they was available from the tackleshop on tamworth road (sawley) but thats closed now ,the pub itself might sell tickets .or bridge tackle at long eaton might be able too help ,Tel No: 0115 972 8338
Chav,i rang bridge tackle today and got a non-commital answer,apparently the stretch became free water,then went under club control,then they believed is now free water again,sad as it is,i wont be travelling from Luton,on the offchance of still being allowed to fish it,shame,but thats me.:(

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Forget the semantics about the short possibly free stretch immediately above the bridge (RH side looking upstream).

Go to the Pride of Derby web site: herePride Of Derby - Membership Information

Special weekly full Adult Ticket - Price £20 year 2011-2012 This ticket is designed for anyone wishing to spend a week in the Midlands fishing on the waters of the “Pride of Derby” and has all the benefits of the full ticket ( excluding Pride Lake and Olvers Lake) but limited to a seven-day period. This ticket is available from the Ticket secretary only, details below of how to apply.

That's the cost of one day on the Wye.

POD has the opposite bank (LH looking upstream, below the bridge on the Ironmongers length, and the stretch above including both sides below the weir (very snaggy though). You can also fish the Trent above the weir and the lower Derwent, all within a cockstride of Sawley/ Long Eaton.

Hemp and tare fishing is excellent right now if you like catching roach, skimmers below the pipe bridge, bream to double figures on Red House Lake and carp to over 30lb, big chub, perch and barbel on the Derwent. Did I mention zander to 14lb? perhaps I'd better not.

Bob Roberts
www.bobrobertsonline.co.uk

A

alan whittington

Forget the semantics about the short possibly free stretch immediately above the bridge (RH side looking upstream).

Go to the Pride of Derby web site: herePride Of Derby - Membership Information

Special weekly full Adult Ticket - Price £20 year 2011-2012 This ticket is designed for anyone wishing to spend a week in the Midlands fishing on the waters of the “Pride of Derby” and has all the benefits of the full ticket ( excluding Pride Lake and Olvers Lake) but limited to a seven-day period. This ticket is available from the Ticket secretary only, details below of how to apply.

That's the cost of one day on the Wye.

POD has the opposite bank (LH looking upstream, below the bridge on the Ironmongers length, and the stretch above including both sides below the weir (very snaggy though). You can also fish the Trent above the weir and the lower Derwent, all within a cockstride of Sawley/ Long Eaton.

Hemp and tare fishing is excellent right now if you like catching roach, skimmers below the pipe bridge, bream to double figures on Red House Lake and carp to over 30lb, big chub, perch and barbel on the Derwent. Did I mention zander to 14lb? perhaps I'd better not.

Bob Roberts
www.bobrobertsonline.co.uk

Thanks a lot Bob.

A

alan whittington

The Armaduct club does run the stretch in question as Si says,i rang the number Fred and Patrick confirmed it,many thanks to all for your replies,cheers Alan.