Fishing Boots

B

Barry Kneller

Anyone got any recommendations for warm winter boots, I know that Chubb, Skeetex & Thinsulate(?) all do a lace up type waterproof boot, there are probably others - which do you think is best?

Ta

A

Andy Doughty

I have done the Hotfoot Boots, nice and warm, but impossible to walk in. Hiking boots with water-proof socks, very good to walk in, but if you get your feet wet they get cold unless you are walking about. But then I saw Chris Bishops Wychwood boots, ?39.95 and built like a Panzer Tank. Needless to say after a day sitting next to him going on about his nice warm feet I went down the Tackle Box and got a pair.

After many hours of testing in the lounge and back yard I can safely say that the are warm, very warm. A good pair of boots.

A

Andrew Thomas

Barry, check out the "Thermal Boots" thread on the General forum, currently 57 messages on the subject.

B

Barry Kneller

In my local tackle shop today I saw the Chub, Skeetex, Wychwood & Derri boots all side by side. The Wychwood boots look very clumsy, The Derri's are just like standard Derri Boots with added laces & a bit more insulation, The Skeetex & Chub boots look very good but after reading thro' the general forum on thermal boots I think that I'm going to put the Chub boots on my Christmas list.The price is better too with the Chub @ ?36 & the Skeetex @ ?50.