Lithium button batteries

W

Wolfman Woody

Ok, I've sussed out that when you buy a CR2032 the 20 means it's 20mm diameter and the 32 means it's 3.2mm thick.

Seeing that a CR2016 is 3volts and a CR2032 (twice as thick - like me) is also 3volts does this mean that if a unit needs 2 x CR2016 batteries, can you also use ONE CR2032 instead?

This is important information needed for a product review!

E

EC

The button batteries in my central locking remote fit exactly flush jethro, they take the ones you refer to. I would suggest those items that need 1x2032 will be made solely to physically accept this 1 battery, not combinations of 2x2016, as for my remote at least combo's will not fit!

Hope this makes sense, I've just drank 8 bottles of diamond white on the way back from cashing my giro and I go to work on the taxi's soon, effin Blair*.

*shakes fist.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Ditto Eddie C

About the battery for my remote for the Rolls -just asked the chauffeur to have a look for me.

not Dittto asbout the 8 bottles of diamond white -is that a new wine on the market ne of those SA one?

And what a giro? I had spiro giro when I was a boy is it the same?
Tally Ho

W

Wolfman Woody

Eddie - if you've sobered up yet,
Story is, I've bought a small light unit that takes 2 x CR2016 batteries.

I, like you, have a remote locker for the car that takes CR2032 batteries and I have a box of them.

So I was wondering if I put ONE CR2032 battery in the new lighting unit in place of the 2xCR2016s will it work the same? It's a screw-down unit so unlike the car remote, it may not matter that the fit is perfect.

I certainly wouldn't put 2xCR2016s in the car remote, if you damage that you are in deep doo-doo! I suppose I will just have to try it with the light though.

PS - Try a Beechams powder directly on your tongue - sobers you in an instant, but god help your passengers.

Thanks Jim, I use Battery Force. Always been reliable!

Lord Paul, you're about as useless as the others in that house of cards. Time to get yourself in the same state as Eddie. Bless you for trying though. :eek:)

W

Wolfman Woody

I suppose my question is -

When batteries are wired in series, ie. 2 x 3v, you still only get 3volts and not 6 volts - don't you?

I thought it was only when they're wired in parallel that you get twice the voltage.

E

EC

Its the potential difference across the cell or cells (ie from the + of one cell to the - of another joined to it) that you take into account!

So if you have 4 x 1.5V cells all lined up (in series) total voltage is 6v.

4 x 1.5 lined up in parallel the difference across is still 1.5V.

W

Wolfman Woody

Thanks Eddie - glad the Beechams powder worked.

That's why I no longer play with the electrics in the house. Well, not since the last incident, but that's another story! It was a shame about the dog though.