floats

Brian Mcveigh

Reaction score
i have got some self cocking floats it says i have to use 5 num8s any idea how to go about this

Lord Paul

Reaction score
The float will need 5 number 8 shot for it to sit correctly in the water. If it's a wagglers float (I assume it is) use 2 num 8 as locking shot i each side of the float and the other 3 spread out down the line to fish on the grop or bulk together down the line to get the bait to the bottom quikly. If your not sure what locking shot is please ask.

If any one has other ideas speak up don't leave it to the old duffer.

Tally Ho

Jezzer

Reaction score
"If any one has other ideas speak up don't leave it to the old duffer."

Couldn't have said it better if I'd tried Me'Lud

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Fishing on the grop sounds...interesting?

You may have probs with no. 8's as locking shot; unless you crimp them on so tight they weaken your line, there's a fair chance they'll slip when you cast the loaded float, or ping off when you catch. Use a waggler adapter - a "swinger" or one of the Drennan ones, and use the shot as His Grace suggested - if you don't need them all down the line, "park" the surplus just below the float.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Alan old bean - dorry about the spelling - been on the port again, and I forgot to mention I always use a float adapter - still some of the num 8 do come off so may be go up to num6 and use less shot? Would that work?

Tally Ho