Chub

Justin Enstone

Reaction score
BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS CATCHING CHUBB AND BREAM USING BREAD AND SWEET CORN ALWAYS FLOAT FISH BECAUSE I DONT KNOW ANY OTHER WAY ANY IDEAS WOULD BE A GREAT HELP

Justin Enstone

Reaction score
JUST A SMALL LOCAL POND IN GAINSBOROUGH THEY ARE THERE BUT JUST CANT SEEM TO HIT UN USING SIZE 10 12 HOOKS

E

EC

How are you currently approaching the water Justin?

Describe your current set up baits etc!

Justin Enstone

Reaction score
12FT AVON 4LB LIN E STICK FLOAT USING SWEET CORN USALLY FEED IN MORNIN AND FISH AREA IN MID TO LATE PM JUST SEEM TO GET SMALL ROch perch ect is this totaly wrong method want to learn to ledger but dont know set up

B

Bully

Justin, how old are you? Its just that using puntuation will make it a whole lot easier reading your posts.

Speak English!!

E

EC

First advice would be to check out some of the articles on this site, look at the rigs page and try and get a few magazines like Improve Your coarse Fishing.

If you're fishing a pond, I'd start with a small waggler float fished bottom end only, plumb the depth and fish overdepth if you are after bream, say 6-12 inches, but vary this if you dont get bites.

I'd maybe try a lighter hooklength, say 2lb as well, a smaller hook say a 16 and make sure your float is not too heavy. You might still get bites from small fish but better fish should turn up eventually.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

For ledgering put a half ounce lead on the mainline first.
Follow this with two rubber beads.
Then put a small swilell on the end of the line.
Now tye a hooklength to the swivel.
You have now got a free running set up with low resistance.

C

Chris Bishop

using puntuation will make it a whole lot easier reading your posts.

Err, hear hear Bully.

lol

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Don't you just love it when that happens? Hahahaaaaa. Speak Engrish will you?

David Craine

Reaction score
If you really want to catch Chub, try fishing for Barbel, it works for me....

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
You should be ok float-fishing for bream as long as you remember that bream like open water and tend to feed on the bottom. What a carp thinks of as cover, a bream avoids as being a likely ambush spot for a pike.

Bread is fine, especially if the water is open access - those nice duck-feeders have been groundbaiting for you for ages.

Stillwater chub make carp look dim; forget them, life's too short; concentrate on the bream.

Don't forget to check out this site's archive of articles on legering!

Wozzer

Reaction score
I was catching em on Daddy long legs the other week.I slid all my shot up the line under my float and left a 3 ft tail.If you hook em in the tail they stay nice and lively and actually lift off the surface and cause quite a lot of disturbance that chub can't resist.A size 14 hook is plenty big enough.
Maybe a better way than chasing daddy long legs about all day would be to get some maggots and leave em til they turn into bluebottles.I'll have to try it now i've mentioned it,just to satisfy my curiosity :)