India fishing

G

Gazza

I would really appreciate some advice from anyone who has fished in India.

My first though when work told me they are sending me to Bangalore in November was ?Yes please, bring on the mahseer!?. I have booked into the famous fishing camp at Bheemeshwari, but unfortunately I can only fish for one weekend. Most trips for Mahseer seem to be 1 or 2 weeks and require ?monster? tackle (sea rods, multipliers, 50lb line). I don?t have that kind of gear, so my question is ? do I buy the appropriate tackle and risk blanking or just go for the ?joy fishing? instead?

Reading this (http://www.gulliblestravels.co.uk/India.htm) it seems that I could catch other fish using my existing barbel/carp rods and still have a chance of a small mahseer. I am currently erring towards this option. At least I would catch and it would be a good recce trip if I ever go back for a proper go at the mahseer in the future.

Any opinions?

Cheers.

Gary.

Peter Smith 2

Reaction score
November can fish well at Bhemeshwari although you might find the river very high. A guy did land a 90 plus on a carp rod and 15lb line but the gods were with him on that day. I do have some tackle stored in Bangalore if you want to borrow some.

Peter