Graham Whatmore fights back

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Hello you lot, this is my first venture back on to the computer and short though it will be I will take this opportunity to to thank you all for your kind wishes which Scott printed out and brought to the hospital for me to read, nice boost that believe me.

I have had a roller coaster ride since the operation and even now I'm still on it, just when I think I'm making progress along comes something and knocks me back again. The latest setback is that I have developed an abcess in the in the wound (15 inches long would you believe) that is constantly oozing fluids. The frightening possibility was that it was an MRSA infection but thankfully I found out yesterday it wasn't and am now on antibiotics which should clear it up eventually.

For those of you that are interested this is what the operation was for. A dangerous operation at the best of times but made moreso because of my heart problems. Anyway once I get over these setbacks then at least I will have the worry of it bursting behind me and I can get back to some normality in my life again. Thanks again chaps for all your good wishes as you can see, they worked.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Glad your feeling better Graham and back on FM. Hope the infection soon clears up and you can get back to the waters edge as i now no better way to recover from the stresses that you must of been through.

Tightlines mate

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
Welcome back Graham, I have read the link and it looks a very serious illness. Glad to see you coming through it, albeit painfully and slowly. I hope things improve soon and you get a chance to go out fishing again.

All the Best

Tom

C

Clive Evans 1

Actually Graham, what happened was; your surgeon came on here and gave us news from his perspective. ie........
1 did we realise how incredibly ancient you were?
2 did we know you were practically falling to bits?
3 was it really worth his time away from the Golf-course?
4 would we be prepared to make a small donation to cover his time and ministrations?

So we all chipped in half-a-nicker each and here you are!!

Welcome back.

I

Ian Cloke

Good to see you back Graham, don't rush things mate, just take it easy matey:))

Not that you could rush things at your age;o))

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Nice to hear from you again Graham. Take it easy and keep us informed of progress.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Glad you are able to post again Graham. Take your time recovering, just remember Rome wasn't built in a day.

J

john ledger

Good to have you back Graham,keep taking the tablets you are too young to be shoving up daisies.
We old uns have to keep these young uns in check

P

paul williams 2

Graham......can i go down and keep your roach swims aired for you?

;)

NIGE K

Reaction score
hope you have a speedy recovery and catch loads more fish

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Does it hurt if you laugh? Anyone know any good jokes?
Seriously, make a full recovery soon Graham.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
And the same from the other Bishop. Like me you've had a close escape. It can only get better from now on. Trust me...

R

Robert Woods 1

Nice to see you on the mend...whilst fishing just start with the little ones first...!!!