8Mtr Whip

Peter West

Reaction score
Hi All. Need advice of all you match gentleman, I don't do any match fishing but I am after a 8mtr whip for commercial pools, preferably with put over joints is that right, what I mean is I don?t want telescopic, also will only be using it a few times a year so don?t want to pay a lot, any help would be most appreciated Peter

T

Terry D

I take it you don't want a whip for small fish, you want a margin pole for 'match size' carp?

Peter West

Reaction score
Terry. Sorry should have explained myself more clearly, yes, the whip I need is for carp running up to about 5lb and more. Peter

R

Rodney Wrestt

Sorry Monk, I don't think it's the spanky, spanky, yeeeeee haaaarrrrr type of whip these guys are talking about.

How much are you looking to spend Peter?

T

Terry D

Peter, you need to look at margin poles with at least 1 spare top section. Sorry I can't recommend anything specific but there's plenty out there. Just make sure you can buy spares for it as you just may break a section or top kit.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Take a look at some of the badger ones, I know some people don't like the company but the reviews I've seen for a couple of their margin poles up to the length you mentioned have all been very good and they won't break the bank.

Peter West

Reaction score
Thanks Terry and Rodney, some of the badger ones look ok to me, don't really want to spend more than say 50.00,