Seasonal changes in fishing...

Andyw

Reaction score
Hi all...

Now that Autumn is with us I was wondering how this is affecting the fish, the waters and subsequently the tactics of anglers?

Specifically, I fish the GU Canal in Milton Keynes, obviously boat traffic will now start to reduce (thank god!!) so I was wondering how I should adapt myself, my kit and my approach to fishing there? I'm still gonna put in a few nights before it gets too chilly!!

SO what baits should I be looking at using? What about groundbaiting and loosefeeding?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Andyw

Reaction score
... in addition to the above...

What would be a better nnight to fish on...

clear but cold or overcast but raining??

cheers

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Andy.
I'd probably leave the groundbait out and use loose feed only in the colder weather, Wrap up warm, and plan my attack for Roach and Perch.

Overcast and raining would probably be the better of the two evils. But in reality I wouldn't purposely fish on either of them, as lifes too short to be cold and wet or both.

I would be more comfy fishing on a cold and clear night, but would have less to show for it.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Those cold clear nights are ideal for fish spotting with a lamp Andy. Especialy if we have had a frost or the water is actually iced over.

Andyw

Reaction score
I went up the canal last night.. not been in long...

Had 2 3-4lb bream to corn, 1 similar size to meat and 1 similar again on a 15mm Maple boilie... Not bad i'd say..

Was clear but not too cold... Was raining this morning... My tent isn't as waterproof as I thought!! ha ha

Oh well we live n learn!!