Carp On The Fly

L

Les Clark

Nice article Peter and lots of fun for all on the day it seems ,well done mate .

Goosey

Reaction score
Cheers Les. I see you're from Kent. Know any good fly or coarse (with fly-rod casting space) places you could recommend in Kent?

L

Les Clark

Hi Peter ,off the top of my head ,C.D.A.A. have their own small trout water .
Mid Kent Fisheries have a fly section ,trout in the river Stour .
Bewl water (a big res ) fly fishing from the bank or boat .
Must be loads of fly fishing clubs around kent .
As for coarse on the fly you would have to look about mate ,most waters would have at least some fly casting space on their waters .
Where are you from Peter ?

L

Les Clark

Peter ,small world mate , so do i, we must meet up if you fancy it ?

Goosey

Reaction score
Les,
Yes, that would be great. And cheers for the list of potential fisheries - I was considering the CDAA as it's nice and close. Just let me know when you fancy a trip out, maybe you could introduce me to a new place. I do have a family, so it's tricky sometimes, but I do fancy the idea.

Peter

R

Robin Higgins

Hi Guys

As I'm from your part of the world I thought I'd add my two pen'orth on carp on the fly. I've been doing this for three or four years and the best place I have found locally is the MKF match lake at Chilham. If you're not a member then it's about a fiver a day. The biggest carp I've had on the fly was 13lb but they go to over 20lb. Longshaw Farm at Calcott Hill is also another possibility but sometimes a bit too crowded during the summer.

Robin

Goosey

Reaction score
Hi Robin,

Thanks for the tips, will check them out soon.

Goosey