Autumn Watch

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

For those of you who have been watching Autumn Watch, it is a brilliant programme.
Now here is the killer question.

Geese have been tagged with an antenna or something of the kind. I think they are expected to turn up in Ireland when they migrate.
If by chance you spotted one of these geese on the water that you fish, would you contact Autumn Watch and tell them of its whereabouts?

McPlop

Reaction score
If its tagged with an antennay thing i'm guessing they know where it is!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I'd shoot it ....and have it for dinner
And throw the antenna away so they couldn't trace me

B

Why not? asks John.

Well it's like this John.
These Geese are flying from Martin Mere or somewhere like that. Some of these Meres hold good numbers of course fish. But the likes of the RSPB will not allow anglers to fish these bird sanctuaries.
So why should we allow the bird watchers and twitchers to come onto our waters? Many of which are privately owned. But that doesn't stop the twitchers from trespassing when they get wind of something.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
The owners of the land opposiite Ribchester on the river ribble asked me a few weeks back if i knew a way they could get rid of all the geese that feed there as they were sick of all the bird droppings. So not everybody loves a flock of geese wintering on there land.

I would let them enjoy there stay then shoot the m and make a killing for xmas;0)

B

Phone the RSPB and tell them that Alex. They trespass on our land, but we can't go on theirs.

That's just one of those things Chris. I got a tufty duck at the weekend which somebody had shot.

B

Naa Ed, it jumped out of my hands and swam away.

Y

yoggy

Tufted duck taste bloody horrible.Avoid any diving fowl.Surface feeding ducks taste a whole lot better.

Y

yoggy

A wildfowlers haven up there mate!!!

Ahhhh,those were the days!!

M

MarkTheSpark

I tell you what would be funny. Shoot the goose, remove the transmitter, then take it on holiday to the Gambia or somewhere...
That would cause some head scratching.
I think pink-feet are on the protected list, by the way

B

That's it for the geese then a killer answer to a killer question.
By the way, if you listen to Bill Oddie speaking, he has definately got the Barnsley whistle.

What if they said, anybody who reports one of these tagged geese will be allowed to fish on any wildfowl water of their choice as a reward?

Y

yoggy

Mark,Pinkfeet are on the legal quarry list.You can shoot them in the UK along with Graylag and Canada geese.Brent and Barnacle are protected.However if these Geese become a pest on farmers land they can apply for a special licence to shoot them.