Brilliant Service

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I looked out my John Wilson Heritage Centrepin reel the other day to put new line on it for this coming winter's roach fishing.

I was alarmed to find that somehow, the ball bearing on which the spool revolves had seized up.

I phoned Masterline - the agents for these reels and told them of my predicament. I spoke to a very helpful guy called Chris who told me to send it to him ASAP.

I sent it Tuesday and it arrived next day.

Today, it has been returned recorded delivery with a new bearing and like new.

And no charge either!

Congratulations to Masterline. Here is a company who really care. And thanks very much to Chris who obviously cares too.

Y

yoggy

Thats really nice to know Ron.Personally in the past i`ve not been a fan of masterline gear but it makes a big difference when customer service is good.The Heritage reel you mention is a reel that i`ve had my eye on for a long time.Presently the only "pin" i own and use is the Okuma.The Heritage does look a very classy reel indeed.A potential Xmas present from the Mrs perhaps!!?.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I'm down in the fens mate from the 22nd.

I will certainly like another shot at the King's drain near Whittlesey. There might be a few good roach there. I'll be staying with John in Benwick as usual.

The Heritage is a very classy reel indeed. I've had it for quite a few years and it is the perfect trotting tool. It has a removable lineguard designed by John Wilson. They are not cheap - ?275.00!

During the week I shall be after roach and pike. The odd zander wouldn't come amiss either.

I am told that class roach are now being caught on the Old Nene near March. Nuddy fishes there.

David Craine

Reaction score
I recently broke the middle section of a JW Avon Quiver,the green one,I phoned up Masteline, ordered a new section, it arrived 3 days later, all for ?20 quid inc p&p.
Good service.....

Y

yoggy

Ron,Thanks mate.I`ve made a note of the date and i`ve still got Johns number so i`ll definately give you a bell.The old Nene section which you mention is fishing exceptionally well,especially the section near the boat yard.Hemp and tares have been the key bait.The kings drain is in great form as well with quality roach and a few surprise Rudd showing.
There is a drain near the kings that hold some good Zander so perhaps we could have a double whammy!!!

I`ve been looking at the heritage pin on the internet....i want one ;-)!!

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
In general I think the tackle industry offers tremendous service in comparrison with other leisure products.
In fact, bad service is rare. I recently had occasion to return a set of Ron Thompson digital scales which have driven me mad by weighing every fish at 14lbs 3 ozs, and refusing to be reset, to distributors Svendsen Sport. Within a couple of days I received a call offering me an upgrade to another type of scales. When I told the guy I had already bought some new scales, I was offered in exchange a Okuma Intercepter baitfeeder reel, worth more than I paid for my scales! A superb reel. Svendsen didn't have to do that and I can think of dozens of products I have bought and been less than satisfied with yet have ended up in a bun fight with shop or manufacturers. Tackle companies can teach the rest of the consumer world a thing or two.