The Average Angler

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Oh dear,
it sounds like me you are talking about Sam.
Been there and done that. In fact I'm still going there, and still doing that.
Great perceptions though.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Sounds like dear old **** when he described a typical weekend's fishing.

And he was the original specimen hunter.

Nice chub though.

S

Sean Meeghan

I'll remember that when I trudge up Heart Attack Hill at Easedyke in the pouring rain!

Nice one Sam!

F

Fred Bonney

Another writer, another Magic story,thanks.

Been there done that........
In fact,still doing it.

Paul Tilly

Reaction score
I really enjoyed this article!!

It had me laughing out loud also, I think we can all relate to the feelings and problems described (well I can) - brilliant!

Lets have another one

cheers,

Paul.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
This article was submitted several weeks ago (we have quite a backlog of article submissions). Sam is not a member of FM, which means I don't have any contact information about him at all. So if you're still out there Sam (if that's your real name...), or if anyone knows him, you heard the lads, let's have some more stories off you.

J

Jim Crosskey 2

This sounds all too familiar - apart from the bit about the chub!

Sersiously Sam, let's have some more.

Paul Morley

Reaction score
Absolute genius! More please, weekly if poss, the baloon of media led, sponsored nonsense needs bursting...

S

Steve Reeves

Everybody is claiming the star role (Mr Average)

Nobody owning up to being the "expert"?

:)))

Paul Tilly

Reaction score
I've had days almost exactly like this on the Swale in winter, but without bumping into the "expert" I guess.

But 1 in particular..

I did exactly the same thing one afternoon. I was sat there freezing my nuts off in December with that wonderful N.Yorks - Vale of York winter fog eating into my bones, wondering why the hell I was on the bank. I knew I wasn't going to get any Barbel (despite my initial enthusiasm based mainly on poxy angling rag articles!), so I chucked a huge lob worm down the edge in the hope of catching 'owt.

Ended up with a 6Lb 8oz Chub (PB by a mile!) and followed it up with a 5 lber next cast. Totally transformed that day, from abject depression to total joy - surley that's what angling is about some times!

Reading the article just brought it all back, which was great.

I really, really miss the Swale now I live in Canada, but it has it's compensations.

cheers,

Paul.