Buoyancy Sticks

BIG JIM

Reaction score
Silly question .... but how do you secure a fox Buoyancy stick into the gullet of your dead bait ? .

R

Rodney Wrestt

Jim,
Tie on a piece of braid and attach it to the swivel on the trace.

C

Chris Bishop

Hi Jim, daft question but have you ever tried poppers..? Loads easier, you can make your own from wine corks, far cheaper than shop-boughts.

If you use sticks, don't tie to trace swuiv as you then have a length of braid, nylon or whatever along the trace which can kink or tangle it.

Try a bit of fuse wire, push stick into bait and take a fe

R

Rodney Wrestt

How would the braid kink the trace Chris?

I can see how it may get tangled but then so could the trace itself, have you found it to make that much difference to tangles?

BIG JIM

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will try both fuse wire and braid and see which i prefere.

I have bought a few poppers but i was not sure if it alters the presentation too much. Do pike care about a bit red ball in front of their food ?????

ps
Chris , i tried to send you an email re my job but your details are kept private. I didnt fancy posting it on the forum.

B

Budgie Burgess

Jim the reason I use wire to attach my pop up sticks to the trace is that pike cant bite through it and swallow it! which is (I thought any way) the whole point of attaching it!

See if this is of any use to you-
http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article/mps/UAN/921/V/1/SP/

Well thats the way Ive always done it! But to be fair Chris is most likely right in saying that an external "popper" is far more simpler.Im just a bit stuck in my ways!

BIG JIM

Reaction score
I will try both methods chaps , i can decide which i prefere then catch a few whoppers