Trust is a wonderful thing.

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Well after 2 and a half years of searching i have managed to buy 2 more Browning Carboxy carp rods and its all thanks to a man called Richard Long.I have been placing adverts on a regular basis on the net and in various magazines trying to locate 2 carboxy's,and on monday i recieved a phone call from a complete stranger in London saying he had 2 to sell and would i be interested.I asked him a few questions and arranged to talk again later that night.Richard phoned again and we agreed a price and he said he would post them to me,i said i would pop a cheque in the post to.All done on trust and each mans word,and on wednesday my rods arrived,both in excellent condition,the cheque had been posted as promised.It just goes to show that 99% of anglers are good honest people.Thanks Richard you have made a good year GREAT.

F

Fred Bonney

I've got a nice second hand motor Richard,if your interested. ;o)

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

I bet he can't afford the second rod licence to go with them though.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Of course there are scum bags in every walk of life, but my own experinces with fellow anglers have been 99% good as well. As a breed I reckon we are a pretty decent lot, the ones that aren't are often those fairly new to the sport who have no concept of angling ethics. That said they have no concept of etiquette or consideration for others in every aspect of their lives.
In order to survive in this crazy world you have to trust people to do or deliver what they say they will or the fabric of society breaks down and the animals rule the planet. The sad part is Richard you were suprised the guy was genuine...

T

The Monk

personally I`ve always found carp anglers, heavy metal gutarists and ferret keepers really nice honest people, match anglers and scousers though Phew, thats another story

J

john ledger

I sold a rod to Chavender FM member ,he sent the money through the post without seeing the rod and picked it up 6weeks later,very trusting man is Chav.
After saying that i would not trust Monk with next doors cat

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Very true about scousers Monk, particularly anyone christened Edward. I was in a pub the other day and the guy who usually sells spare parts from the Jaguar factory had a couple of baitrunners for sale and they were still connected to a series of wires and loudspeakers..