Repeat Captures?

Moggy

Reaction score
Has anyone ever caught the same fish twice in a session? Reason i ask is because i was fishing The Woodlands in Thirsk last week and i caught a lovely Rudd, probably just over a pound, on maggots, then a few hours later i caught it again on sweetcorn! Haha, i knew it was the same fish because its right eye was dodgy, like sort of indented, wish i got a pic actually coz it was my biggest ever Rudd lol, anyway has this happened to anyone else?

mark barrett 2

Reaction score
lots of times mate, the most memorable being a 21.04 pike that took the same bait in the same spot as i caught it from ten minutes earlier and a 6lb jack with a kype jaw that was caught 6 times in one day!!

sam vimes

Reaction score
Yes, chub, carp and barbel. I've not knowingly had the same fish three times in a single session but it wouldn't particularly surprise me if I had.

sagalout

Reaction score
10lb carp, same place, under the rod tip, same bait, within half an hour.

little oik

Reaction score
My wife and I fished a local commercial for the first time and between us we caught a one eyed Tench 3 times at about 2 hr intervals

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Perch on perch eye!

Makes me think of a story I heard years ago. A chap hooked a perch in the eye and when he landed it the eye came out. He put the fish back and left the eye on the hook and recast. Two minutes later he caught the same perch which had gone for it's own eye. Don't know if this is true though.

uscarper

Reaction score
Re: Perch on perch eye!

Makes me think of a story I heard years ago. A chap hooked a perch in the eye and when he landed it the eye came out. He put the fish back and left the eye on the hook and recast. Two minutes later he caught the same perch which had gone for it's own eye. Don't know if this is true though.

mark, here in the states this is very common for yellow perch fishing. they look like european perch but much smaller. if you get one that weighs 1lb its a very good one. fisherman use the eyes from any perch to kept for the pot, to tip jigs, small spoons,etc. its mostly done in the great lakes area in winter, where alot of people ice fish.fishermen here would sell their family to catch one like you have there:D never heard of anyone catching the same perch that had its eye removed like that. although most perch are kept here. i think it could be possible.

Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Re: Perch on perch eye!

mark, here in the states this is very common for yellow perch fishing. they look like european perch but much smaller. if you get one that weighs 1lb its a very good one. fisherman use the eyes from any perch to kept for the pot, to tip jigs, small spoons,etc. its mostly done in the great lakes area in winter, where alot of people ice fish.fishermen here would sell their family to catch one like you have there:D never heard of anyone catching the same perch that had its eye removed like that. although most perch are kept here. i think it could be possible.

Thanks Uscarper, that was interesting. Its just a story I heard once but, knowing how ferocious perch can be it would not surprise me it is true.