Schoolboy reels in deadly 3lb piranha

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
The DailyMail really do like to sensationalise everything don't they.

Despite the shock, he managed to reel in his terrifying catch, and held in in a towel, to protect his fingers from the lethal razor sharp teeth.

Yeah, one fish, out of water, absolutely lethal, he's lucky to be alive.

Interesting story but it shows how they and other tripe papers spice things up with dubious claims and suggestions.

Joskin

Reaction score
First paragraph says....

..."When keen young angler Josh Boyle felt a pull on his rod, he was expecting the usual roach or Rudd."

Read on a bit further and it says...

..."landed his catch with just a spinner on his rod"

Now Josh sounds like a kid that knows what he's doing so I doubt he made the first comment to the mail. He probably told them the complete opposite and that he was expecting a pike of perch to take his spinner.
Reads to me like the Mail writer is the one that knows very little about angling and as you say Paul they like to spice it up a little.

Paul H

Reaction score
I dislike the gutter press in general.

The Mail, The Express, The Mirror, the...

Well you get the idea, bunch of sensationalist, scare mongering t*ss*rs the lot of them

Anyhow bit off thread Ian, sorry.

Nice fish, I'd have kept it, possibly.

Beecy

Reaction score
Piranha are becoming a real nuisance on some waters, I think a cull is needed.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Joskin,
he said he was fishing with maggots for 4 hours before changing over to a spinner.

Beecy,
that's naughty...... but funny :eek:)

Joskin

Reaction score
"When keen young angler Josh Boyle felt a pull on his rod, he was expecting the usual roach or Rudd"

No he wasnt he was expecting a Pike or Perch.

See what I ment Rodney

R

Rodney Wrestt

Ahhh, get you now Joskin, I must read the comics too often as it made sense to me at first glance :eek:)

Paul H

Reaction score
That relatively unknown publication 'Coarse Fisherman' did run an article which suggested catching Rudd on small spinners and lures.

I am of course not defending the consistantly poor journalism* which fills these tabloids on a daily basis.

*My opinion and not the opinion necessarily held by anyone else running or visiting this site (although it should be as I am right).

L

little sister ( Jeff )

Mrs Boyle said: "I just couldn?t believe it when Josh said he had caught a piranha, but then he showed me it."

A "Mr Nudd" has said that fish like this need to be culled and is glad the b****d is dead.

Mrs Boyle is just glad to get her boy back in one piece with all his ingers and toes.
(nasty fish)