Yorkshire Barbel

Jason Murray

Reaction score
Hi Sean
By the sounds of it, you were fishing over the top of my bait. Just over the crease in the main flow. Having never fished the swim before I also didn?t go too near the bush as I wasn?t sure what was lying beneath snag wise.
You didn?t have to tell the ?well known Barbel angler? either. He realized as soon has you?d said the area you had fished, which swim you were in.
Makes you think how many times a move has cost you a good fish. Most times we will never know but on this occasion, unfortunately for me I do.
Well done, cracking fish.

Jason

S

Sean Meeghan

Hi Jason! I knew someone had fished the swim and assumed it was Dave. No doubt he'll give me a bit of stick next time I see him! Interestingly that swim produced again for me a couple of days later, but the swims you and Dave were in didn't. If we could work out which swims have resident fish in them we'd have a much higher success rate I think.

Commiserations!

Jon Bedford

Reaction score
Well done Sean another good read and a fantastic fish, had my first double the other week a couple of miles upstream (i think)of you. 10lb 1oz of pure Swale muscle.

These articles have been a great help to me
hope your gunna do some 'Yorkshire Chubbing'
articles for the winter.

Many thanks and well done.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Sean.
It's a well known fact that anything that comes from Yorkshire is stubborn and difficult and that includes Barbel. Another good article mate.

B

Bully

Having seen your last comment that this is the last article I thought I'd say what a good read they have been. Thanks!

D

DAN.

brill series of threads sean .
hope to read more next year!
helped me with tips and has re kindled my fire for a barbel asault on my local stretch of DON .
(HOPE TO CATCH ONE BIGGER THAN 5 POUND)
but this weekend having a final bash at the trent before crimbo over time kicks in.
once again hope to read more next sesson cheers.

S

Sean Meeghan

Thanks lads glad you enjoyed them. writing them really made me think about my fishing.

Graham is nagging me to do a winter article, but that depends on me getting together enough material. We'll see how it goes.

Jason Murray

Reaction score
If you?re struggling for some material. Just let me know where and when you?re going Sean, and I'll nip up and prebait the swim for you.

Jason

Reaction score
Nice series of articles Sean, very informative.

Jason,

Can you pre-bait for me Saturday and i told you so, you should print the article off for DM to read. LOL

Kev

Reaction score
You have no reason to care Sean, it will all be taken in good humour, like it should be. The funny thing is it was Dave that suggested they move swims.

Cheers

Kev

S

Sean Meeghan

Don't worry Kev I know he'll take it in good part. Bet he felt a bit sick though!

A

Albert Watkinson 2

hi sean,really enjoyed your articles.super read and some good tips for an old angler that is always looking to improve.
lets have some more please
albert