Congratulations Mark

• Thread starter Kevin Perkins * CLXXX *
  • Start date
K

Kevin Perkins * CLXXX *

Mark

Well done on joining the 'Ton Up' club, with another well written article (as always!)

Your comment "When Graham asked me to consider a regular column I didn't think that it would keep going this long!" struck an oh so familiar chord with me, in fact I can't believe I am still churning out my innane ramblings, and even less believable is that Graham still see fit to publish them!

Here's to the next 100.......

captain carrott

Reaction score
thaks to both of you. the site certainly wouldnt be what it is without your great contributions to it.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Like Jason said, good work to you both!

Mark that's a hell of a lot of articles, nice one.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Congrats Mark, 100+ good, well written and easily read articles is quite an achievement.

Your "Dace" point is spot on. Having fished the same rivers as you, my pb Dace is also 14oz (Mick's is 14oz as well!) and you're right we caught loads and loads of Dace.

So many people back then talked of Dace of 1lb or more but I never saw a single one verified from either the Stour or Avon!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Congratulations Mark, Ton-Up!

Very good articles too.

You're right about the big fish, Jeff reckons he's shot himself in the foot with his 6lb 5oz chub, on his first visit to the Throop!

Well done Mark, keep them coming.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. The 100 is just in Wintle's World; got another 56 articles on here somewhere! But not all under my own name.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Mark,

Heartiest congratulations on your 'century' but the best news is that, in cricketing terms;

M. Wintle 100 not out!

Drop me a line sometime and we'll see about sorting out your "Dace Problem"

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Well done Mark.Time Mr Marsden made an honest man of you though so you can give up the day job.

F

Fred Bonney

Well done Prof.
I've enjoyed, all of your fine articles,here's to the next ton.

C

Coops

Well done Mark, you are better man than me on that one. I burnt out after (at a guess) 30 or so on a number of different threads and headings.

Not so easy as some would make out to write well. Many find it much easier to criticise (though not on FM) and I take my hat off to those who can write good articles.