WATER CRAFT (Ha)

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

The most aggravating and annoying phrase that is being used and abused all too often is ?live and let live?.

As far as I am concerned this phrase is used by very short sighted people, or people that have lost the plot in angling. What ever happened to the code of ethics?
What ever happened to the style of river fishing proper with one rod?
Bite alarms and bolt rigs should be kept off the rivers completely. Somebody please tell me where the art of bolt rigging for chub with two rods lends any form of intelligence on the part of the so called angler. Exactly, you can?t can you?

It is ignorant and empty headed of people to say to say there is plenty of room for people to do what they want to do. Nor am I saying fish my way because my way is the best. If you can just take your blinkers off for one second and realise that the vast majority of river anglers are missing out on what river fishing is all about simply because Joe Soap catches well on this method, then it is possible that anglers of the future will experience what some of us river anglers have experienced in our lifetime.

Experience what? You might ask.
Experience in what to do if your swim is not producing on one rod for a start. How many anglers today know anything about water craft? And that means a lot more than looking for the nearest slack or putting a three ounce lead on to hold bottom.

I know what I have said will fall on deaf ears, and that I am most probably wasting my time in trying to add to the finer arts of fishing. Just as long as people are catching now and again I suppose that is all that matters isn?t it?

T

The Monk

no, I think watercraft is very important, why I just got a new baitboat the other day

Reaction score
Baz ,with out water craft we wouldnt have alot of the young ones fishing they would have fallen in to the river /lake,with the exprience of grandfathers passing down exprience from one generation to another ,just think of it, half of the anglers wouldnt even get out of bed at 3oclock in the morning,water craft is a must to all,sitting on the bank sun up or rain it keeps the brain occupied ,may be u could start teaching Water Craft on FM,happy days
the mad welsh man

Reaction score
Baz if ur a bailif then u should be helping the young anglers out when their in trouble ,manners dont offend anyone these days,not getting at u but nature ,water craft all goes to gether,like cheese and a fine port,

MWM

L

Les Clark

All i can see is a very small mad welshman with big hands !

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
"...if u look close ull see me with boxing glove on......"

Did'nt realise it stunted your growth as well as making you go blind !! :eek:]

steve B

Reaction score
Good post Baz.

People today want instant results at any cost.

Just being there is all that matters to me.

L

Les Clark

It is mad welshman but we never miss a chance to have a laugh too .

B

Trust a Welshman to get it ar$e end up. Just like they do with the sheep. What has manners got to do with it anyway?

There is only Steve B who has any idea of what I am talking about.

Reaction score
Baz ur not a fluffy person to day ar u
dont bring sheep into it they dont like fishing they have problems holding the rod,
chill out,happy days

B

I was trying to say how angling has gone down the pan in the last five years.