Freezer VS Shelf Life

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
Hello,
I am about to buy my fisrt ever batch of freezer bait boilies (because i have no choice) i usually prefer the shelf life versions but dont have that luxury.
Anyway, what, other than the fact that they have to be frozen because of their ingredients, makes them so different towards shelf life boilies. What are exactly the pros and cons of using freezer boilies.

Thanks for any great advice, i usually do :D
CMM

sam vimes

Reaction score
Freezer boilies generally have no, or fewer, preservatives and are often deemed to be better for the fish because of this. Beyond this I can only see one benefit, that's the fact that freezer boilies are usually cheaper than the same boilie is as a shelf life. The downside is that they don't last as long when you are out on the bank with them and they take over your freezer if you aren't careful.:eek:;):D

richiekelly

Reaction score
shelf life baits that contain presevatives can lie uneaten for a long time, frozen break down quicker, i dont like things such as pottasium sorbate[ was used as a preservative dont know if it still is] in my baits i try to keep the ingredients as natural as possible.

bigchub

Reaction score
These days apart from the preservatives in the shelf life I find that there is little difference in catching ability between my favorite brand of boilies. I've caught just as well on them in either frozen or shelf life form so I wouldn't worry too much.