Pole Question

Dave Gray 3

Reaction score
Hi,

Just ordered a margin pole on the internet,it is just a pole (no elastic etc),just wondering exactly what I need to start using it,I know I need elastic but what else do I need to order?

Can I buy a kit with it all in?

Thanks

Dave

ps. its an abu garcia 8m pole

T

Terry D

You will need a pole bung and a PTFE bush for each end of your top kits, sized to suit whatever strength elastic you will be using. You can probably buy a kit but you really need to take your topkits to a shop to check what sizes you need. You may also need Stonfo connectors, but I don't bother as I'm happy using a crow's foot on the end of my elastic, and some elastic lubricant wouldn't go amiss either.

D

Danny Lancaster

1. Bung (Winder ones are the best as you can alter the tension of your elastic)
2. Elastic (I take it your after decent sized fish with your margin pole so maybe a size 14 would be a good start.)
3. PTFE Bush & Stonfo Connector. Make sure these suit your elastic strength. If anything get ones that are slightly oversized, to enable your elastic to run freely through. You dont want a tight fit.
4. Elastic threader. This is personal preference but not really essential, especially with the bigger bore elastics.
5. Lubricant. Treat your elastic everytime you fish.

Your local tackle dealer will be happy to supply AND fix up your top kits for you. He/she will show you how its done. Its just a matter of practise.

Regards

Danny

Thomas Purkiss

Reaction score
If its your first time using and elasticating a pole then i would take it down to the local tackle store and ask them to elasticate it for you. Most of the time they will elasticate you a top kit for around ?8-12. But if you decide to do this ask if you can watch so you can do it yourself in the future