PeTA scumbags after us again

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
God it really winds me up!!!!

do some people really believe all that bulls***!!!!!

F

Fred Bonney

Is this the same PETA that kills unwanted animals(pets), rather than rehoming them?

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
after reading that Fred how can anyone take them serious?

surely people will just laugh at them!

B

Bill Cox

The trouble is Wendy we are not given a fair chance to put our views across. When i last heard a debate on the radio about fishing the presenter (his name escapes me but i,m sure it was 5live)anyone who put up a good pro fishing arguement was cut off.
I've said it before,we need a pro fishing lobby in westminster lobbying government continuely. Paid for by the angling bodies who should put aside there differences at least for this one thing and donate an agreed percentage of there revenue. That way we would have a voice. Until that happens we just as well carry on peeing in the wind. Wide open to attack by the likes of peta who are more organised then we are.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Something like this really gets my goat up though Bill, and yeah they won't listen to us, people that are fishing and taking care of the fish when we do catch them! they'd rather here alot of crap from someone who knows naff all!!!

I'd love to go on one of these shows i'd ram a rod down there throat!!! LOL

F

Fred Bonney

Now now, Wendy, just because you've had a pike between your legs!

What?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Whilst I was fishing today, a couple stopped to watch me land a bream.
They said "that's a big one what is it?" A bream I replied, then came the normal question "are you going to eat it?"
"No, we put them straight back into the water to fight another day".

How will we ever get our point of view across, if that's what the general public think about fishing?

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Hahahaha Fred and what a whopper they all were!!!

steve i totally agree mate We'll never get it across.

i think i'll apply for a job with PETA and Gas em all!!!!! Or take them fishing!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

To be honest Steve, I think fishing would be more understandable to lots of people if we did take our fish home and eat them.That is why I am opposed to any measure which denies the ordinary angler the right to take the odd fish for the table.By making catch and release compulsory , the only justification for angling is pleasure whcih plays into PETAs hands.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

It seems that it is not only the general public that will not listen. Not you Nigel (o
There is a much bigger threat than Peta or the general public.

ANGLERS WILL NOT BLUDDIE WELL LISTEN EITHER!

Look out for Phil Hacketts new thread tomorrow morning. I will be adding my two penneth imiediatley after phils opening post.
I make no apologies the gloves are off good and proper this time. Do not ask me what it is about, just look for his thread in the morning.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
At the risk of repeating myself, Angling needs a spokeman to monitor media stories and defend our sport.
That person or executive group also needs to alert a gullible public to the true agenda of PETA. Fishing is just one strand of their attacks on anyone who uses animals for sport. Those whose sports involve horses, dogs and birds are also targets, and people ought to realise this is rich organisation with a wide ranging remit.
Though I cannot prove it I would not be suprised if PETA money contributed to the current crop of Hollywood animation films designed to portray farm animals and cows as cuddly and charming, with almost human feelings and personalities. I am sure I read somwhere they helped fund "Saving Nemo" so it would make sense. As veggans and Veggies, they are all about changing peoples perceptions towards animals.
Never mind Baz taking his gloves off, we need a fighting fund and as Keith Arthur says the ACA are the body to fight on our behalf.

N

nick hodgkinson

Go for it Baz LOL!!

as for the ACA they are about as much use as bouncers in Mothercare!!

Countryside Alliance have the political clout - but they could well ask the question - where were coarse anglers when there was the hunting debate?

ANSWER - bloody nowhere - well, heads up asses as usual !!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Bunch of morons if you ask me.....as it already said in the artical, fish brains struture is designed to be different to other animals pain structure in the brain.....hence they don't feel pain as we do....what about ALL those people who treat their pets like it was a human...now that I class as real animal cruelty, as it is proven to disstress and disturb the animals

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/02/10/1044725683181.html

D

DAN.

anglers were about nick,
just shadowed by the hunting groups.
its time sporting people rallied together as shooting, fishing, hunting etc brings money into this country in vast amounts and coss the govenment want all the cash they are trying to butt f*%k us all to get there hands on it.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Countryside Alliance did a great job with the argument against Fox hunting didn't they?
Afraid they are all perceived as Tally ho tweed bedecked hoorah henry's, and Joe Public in the cities, rightly or wrongly couldn't identify with them.
Many anglers also find hare coarsing and fox hunting somewhat distastful,which is why angling universally failed to align themselves with the hunting lobby even though most of us knew shooting and angling would be the next targets.
As for the ACA being useless, there are a plenty of stretches of river that would be fishless but for the work of the ACA.

D

DAN.

with the attitude that they dont like it cos they arnt getting enough from us ,
within reality the gits are getting more than there fare share but its not enough.
you cant do that cos we sead so is there attitude,
BALLS!!!! to them.