Cabela's

A

Andrew Calvert

Has anyone had any problems ordering from Cabela's over the net? Their realtime help reckons orders should be sent to the UK in a month or better, is this about right. Also what about VAT!!??? I'm very tempted to order but I just want to check it out first.

J

John Howard

When I enquired I was told postage was 20% of order value plus you may be hit with import duties this depends whether its picked up by HM customs. working this out I found very little difference to UK prices John

R

Rob Brownfield

I have a Cabelas 7 foot baitcasting rod. I paid ?30 for it and its the beez kneez. The same rod here would be well over ?100 as it is IMX carbon with SiC rings.

C

Chris Bishop

You need to be careful at present - US postal system/air freight is in chaos in aftermath of Sept 11 terrorist outrages and anthrax scare.

If you need it quick try getting it over here first.

R

Rob Brownfield

Chris..mate of mine tried to order an Anthrax album 4 days after the attack...he is still waiting..don't know why..lol!

It seems that Canadian post is ok..and i have found that many items are just as cheap in Holland..and u can pay in those strange Euro things...and its cheaper post etc etc