Fish In No 2 (Idle Haxey)

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
All who attended enjoyed the day company and wanted to come back to this little river so without trying to be boring we can do another after christmas when the roach have migrated from the shallow upper river to the deeper water at Haxey.
The river fishes best when its been flushed out and the sedges and rushes are straw colour and the bleak have gone.
Taking into account the fact that people travelled or will travel distance to fish the venue and i need to book it i would like some input on a date bearing in mind the light factor(short daylight hours)
Any ideas are welcome its easy for me because i dont live too far away

Beecy

Reaction score
saturday 6th of Jan would give us something to look forward to during the first week back at work after xmas.

Beecy

Reaction score
A sunday would be ok for me too, but like you two im not that far away and can meake it any time

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Mike
Can you work it out on your calendar when you have your Sat and Sun off and maybe we can work around it

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Grahams coming again he told me this morning so thats good news,he was catching really well(mainly roach) when i left as the light was fading.
Wendy will also be coming and i dont know about anybody else the more women we can get into angling the better.
The last anglers i would want to upset if i was an anti would be a group of women fishing a match,besides Wendy is very chirpy and bubbly not at all like some of the boring old farts you get in some places.(send the cheque through the post Wendy)

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Count me in on any day thats ok for the majority. If its as good a day as the last one with the added advantage of better fishing so much the better.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Dad you know i'll be there!! (bubbling and chirping)

I'll try to convince Paul again i'll promise not to grab his rod this time;)

and we will have to get Claudia up as well she seems good fun too!

I will probably stay over this time as well!

S

Sean Meeghan

I'll go along with whatever is agreed - can't predict my working time that far ahead.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I might be pushing my luck here (with my Wife) but any room for a Southerner?

The Idle is North Lincolnshire right?

Haven't been that far north for a while and as long as I don't get a nose bleed, I rather fancy a bit of trotting for Roach.

John Ledger (ACA)

Reaction score
Behave Wendy dont forget you will be fishing the Derwent twice

Sean
Will try and work around you if poss because like both Mike Townsend and Mike Howson its no fun turning up late after dinner and even harder to get a swim going.
Only putting feelers out at the moment but you know how time flys.
Graham and me walked up the bank to see you but could not find you

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I'm inspired by the lengthy posts about the recent fish-in. It looks as though you all had a whale of a time and caught some good fish as well.

What can be better than a good day out with good company wether you catch or not?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Any time for me as far as I know, but the sooner the better!

How about a rehearsal in December?