river iwell

Philip Rush

Reaction score
today i went on the irwell hoping i didnt catch a minnow like the previous day,my buddy,who was already there had not had a bite,so no minnows,,maybe chub,, first run through a 10 oz chub 2nd another bout the same weight 3rd and, i say to my buddy get the net cos this ones a good un ten mins later a 5lb chub,, i only started fishing again 2 months ago due to divorce an gettin all my kit stollen out of the shed now ill keep my stuff in the house, i am born again

Disco stu

Reaction score
Nice one Phil, its just a shame that you started fishing again "due to divorce" How many times must we hear that story. Bloody women, they just hate it when we have an interest that we enjoy and that doesn't involve them. Whats the matter with them, life doesn't revolve around shopping, gardening, meeting their friends and their partners who are tossers and visiting relatives that you hate but have to pretend that you dont!

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
I love hearing stories like this. Rivers that were killed during the industrial revolution producing magnificent wild fish once again.

P

Phil Hackett The original disability bad speller w

Nice fish, more than likely to be a first generation (early 1990s) pump priming stock fish.
Just a pity my local river isn?t doing fish of a similar size as it was stocked at about the same time.

Philip Rush

Reaction score
what river is that phil? irwells been a right eye opener to me since i stop fishin the only stuff in the irwell was stinkin whatever it was, i went on the other day at ramsbottom an had 5 brown trout,all about 10oz apart from 2 which were pushin a pound only there 1/12 hours, great fun