Best Buys - Waders.

guest61

Reaction score
What are your collective thoughts on a decent set of waders?

Cheap enough to not break your heart if they get torn yet waterproof and comfortable enough to make them worth wearing.

I have a nice pair of 'Vision' waders with wading boots but I'm loathe to batter way way through assorted undergrowth in them.

Any thoughts?

Mark

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Chesties or thigh waders Mark ? I have a pair of Vision chesties and they are very nice to wear but a bit of a pain putting the boots on. Like you I wouldn't go barging through undergrowth in them. TBH I only wear waders now when I'm sea trouting and for that the Visions are fine though I also have some Ocean [rubber] chesties which are a bit more rugged but very sweaty.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
I've got a pair of Airflo breathable chesties which I wear a lot. Breathables normally last me about 3 years and I then keep an eye open for offers so I can buy my next pair. Glasgow Angling Center or FishTec normally do good deals.

I buy a cheap pair of hiking boots for general use, saving the felt soles for fishing the Wharfe for trout and grayling.

I'm keeping an eye open for some neoprene thigh waders which I think are the best compromise for winter and spring fishing.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
My Visions dont get a lot of hammer but so far they've been the best breathables I've had. My mate Alex who lives in chesties all summer wears top of the range Simms and they've lasted no longer than any others.Fact is breathables dont last for ever and as Sean says if you get 3-4 years from a pair you've done well. I wouldn't personally spend a lot of money on another pair.I adored the fit & cut of my Snowbees and they were quite a robust wader but they leaked after one season.

The Soniks sound nice but I dont know anybody with a pair.