Was It Just A Matter Of Time ???.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
'SHOTS FIRED AT BOYS IN ANGLING CLUB ROW'

A gunman fired at a dad and two boys as they fished at a private lake without permission.

Zahid Zora, 26, his 10-year old step-son Ben Barara and a friend aged eight escaped unhurt.

Zahid said "The man pointed a gun at my face saying we should not be fishing and to clear off. I went to protect the children and we ran, we got about five yards away when he fired two shots. The kids dropped to the ground."

A 54-year old man was arrested after the incident at a lake owned by the Moor Hall and Belhus Angling Society in South Ockenden, Essex.

No one at the club was available for comment.

T

The Monk

morning Merv, yes people are getting fed up, I got shot at many years ago while guesting on an exclusive Cheshire Mere, he missed me

M

Mark Hodson

What bailiff would risk life imprisonment (the maximum sentence for possession of a firearm with intent to cause rear of violence), just to clear a bloke and two kids off a lake, be interesting to see what the conclusion of the investigation is.

I bet they haven't nicked the bloke who was poaching, did he have a licence as well, I bet they haven't even checked !

L

Les Clark

See " Madman Bailiff " in Baitbox ,same story but in a news report .

D

Dave Slater

Merv, did you make those names up. They sound like something from a cartoon strip or a dodgy death metal band :eek:)

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
You're right, 'A Friend Aged Eight' do'es sound like a band name :eek:]

Nice to hear from you Dave, hope everythings okay with you.

T

The Monk

They sound like something from a cartoon strip or a dodgy death metal band :eek:)

talking of which, "Zimmer Frames from Hell" (ZFH) will be jamming again this tuesday at the Boarshaw Hotel, Middleton

E

Evan

I didn't see any reference to the chap actually firing off any shots in the TV and news reports...

If he did then he is in so much more trouble. It's bad enough threatening someone with an empty broken shotgun.

But

Loaded = worse
Closing it = worse still
Pointing it at someone = hello jail
Firing it = hello jail for a long long time
Hitting someone - let's just not go there please.

Hysteria about Eastern Europeans and poachers is all very well but it's not worth those kinds of penalties and waving a shooter round... the bloke must be mad.