Fish Pictures

F

Fred Bonney

Not sure if this has been asked before,
But,why do so many fish captures, in the weekly fishing papers, have the fish stretched right out in front of the captor.What do they hope to achieve with this?
I for one, do not believe, it makes a better picture.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
i think its because most people think those who will be viewing the pictures will get a better view of the fish if its closer to the camera !!,its probably one of the commonest faults when people take snapshots like cropping heads thumbs in front of lenzs ect,i would think most people don't take pictures very well,and mainly point n' click without too much thought how the picture will look,personaly i mostly take pictures of my catches laying on a matt or in the net with something in view for perspective but mostley forget to take picture untill 5 min after i've released the fish doh!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Its just to make the fish look bigger. Due to most compacts having a wide ngle lens. They forget that there fingers also look enormous also.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
I must admit to not being the most photographic of people but both you Fred and Graham were surprised how handsome i am in the flesh. LOL

F

Fred Bonney

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Been mirror gazing Mike? ;o0

Wozzer

Reaction score
I've seen a pic of a guy holding a 2lb Roach in this weeks AT.It looks more like a 6 pounder how he's holding it.
Remember Kenny Everett's Brother Lee Love with the big hands?Thats how some of em look when they hold the fish out like that.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Annoys me, you can't get a true perspective of the fish. Half the time I can't tell the difference between a 12 and 17lb barbel.
Although I have to admit I've done it once or twice, although not intentionally. But then once I've put the fish back and looked at my camera I relise what a naff shot it was.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

If you hold the fish out to the camera you take a totally unnecessary risk of dropping the fish and in the resulting photos the fish always look the same size. The only way to to judge the size of the fish is study the size of the anglers fingers.

Personally I would be suspicious of any angler who claimed to catch large fish but then produced only photos with the fish held out to the camera as evidence of their catch. I'd be even more suspicious where the angler had not only held the fish forward but had held the fish in such a way as to obscure their fingers in the photo.