Halco lures

K

Krasimir Bacargiev

I read some encouraging ads for Halco lures, and i want to know if some of you have ever used them and the results, especially for pike. Also if you know their web address, please share it with me! Thanks!

R

Rob Brownfield

Very good lures for Barramundi, Mangrove Jacks etc... Not so sure about Pike as I have only seen them in really way out colours.

Very strong though, they are designed for fish that would knock a Pike for six in a fight..lol

G

Glyn Farman

The Halco Sorceror's are a good pike lure.Iv'e used the red stripe and the orange tiger and had some good results.Harris have a good selection.The Rellic Doc is pretty good too.I dont think that the colours are too way out when you consider that fire tiger paterns are pretty loud but still catch plenty of fish.

N

Nicky Garbutt

this new very deep running one thats great for very deep water.

N

Nicky Garbutt

crazy deep sorceror dive to 27ft on 17lb mono but it use 20lb braid and i think it gos to about 29ft.

its on the harris angling cataolog page 86.

C

Chris Bishop

Sorceror caught me a few fish esp on deep clear pits. Hooks are dreadful on them (there are also three) and the lip gets a bit ropey - despite its "keyed in confidence".

N

Nicky Garbutt

i know what you mean they are them sea ones. ive never broken a lip on a halco lure. as anyone tryed the tilsan lures?.

C

Chris Bishop

I had three or four on one of the big deep diving yellow/orange/red stripey ones. Top action and you can see 'em a mile off.

The lips do work loose though - probably because I was grubbing 'em along the bottom.

I'd be scared of it busting on a fish or slipping out if you had a real headbanger on.

N

Nicky Garbutt

try glueing the lips with the industial super glue from model shops pricey but top stuff.