carp

nicky

Reaction score
My local club has stocked loads of carp over the last 4-5 years and although i admit i do enjoy catching them as you do have to work at it on occasions and it has attracted loads of new members it is a guilty pleasure, it doesn't sit entirely comfortably with me i never saw damaged fish in any regularity whilst coarse fishing for any other species until i started fishing for over populated carp. Also i find it unnatural fishing because given the right conditions roach and bream for instance can breed too large numbers and its quite "natural" in my opinion to expect to put a large net together but you would never naturally have a lake with as many carp in as you find nowadays. I think it is the ugly side of fishing and that carp are their own worst enemies through no fault of their own but they fight so hard so people enjoy catching them which in turn causes damage but they just withstand the pressure very rarely do you see a dead carp. I think there is a distinction mind you between this type of carp fishing and fishing for carp in lower stocked waters where a specimen or two is a real achievement and are not being caught day in day out.

waggy

Reaction score
I hate the carp but love the puddles.
Carp were bred to be eaten.
You wouldn't want to shoot low-flying battery hens, would you?

Last edited: