Poles Fishing

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Fantastic!!

I sent Graham a cartoon that fits perfectly with it!!!

We should do a silly/serious fishing book!

F

Felik Polishemovski

Is well nice writing and good you are accepting our ways of fishen. We no all fishen wiz de nets. Is not blody sportin, is it?

I bought new carps rod this year, is good 3lbs test curf just right said man in shop. I want it for floater (?) fishin an he says it will do.

So i go to carps water wiz bait he recommends, some biscuit for dogs. Throwen some biscuit into margings and wait. Take top section of new carps rod and when carp come up to grab bait, whack him on de nose and grab him, put him in sack before he escape.

Is easy an fun, but what you use other piece of rod for with screwen thing on it?

M

MarkTheSpark

Heard the one about the Polish bloke who goes to Specsavers? The optician asks: "Can you read the bottom line of the chart?"

The Pole says: "Read it? I know him!"

R

Renildiski Czlaykzzyk

I from Warszawa in Polska yes.

Do not disrepect karps, they fine fish. I am fishing new water called bluebelly lakes and afer long nighty fishy have caught a 32 kg karp.

It took some clonky on head to kill yes, but taste very bad - all fishy like anchovy - not nice.

I have rest of karp suspended on rope through gills for photo. Please send someone to photo fish as wish to enter Drennan Cup.

Jihnn Dobry

Renildisky

K

Kevin Perkins

Lee

A book! Great idea, I'll do the cartoons and you do the writing, that would be 'different'

J

John Huntley

Kevin
An excellent interview which has helped me to understand the plight of our fellow anglers. I am sure that we can do more to help them. I suggest that they liaise with PETA to improve the treatment of fish when long lining and fyke netting. I am sure that they will find some common ground.
The EA also need to play a part here in clearing rivers and increase stocking levels for these people but only if they pay their licence money!
There are also large untapped fish stacks at commercial fisheries which should be made available to these people.
I do appreciate your concern about the future rustling of sheep and cattle that will occur with the next infux and a future interview with a Romany representative would help clear the air.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Kevin I have hjust published a book through LuLu...It cost next to nothing!

An FM book would be fun....Plus we set royalties at a quid a go and retire on the proceeds!

mike Gibson

Reaction score
A cheap shot at Eastern European immigrants that wouldn't have been out of place in a BNP leaflet. Would Kevian Perkins have written in similar terms about Blacks or Jews?. Yes fish are being stolen from our waters, yes, the EA seem to be doing FA about it, yes many of the immigrants may be fishing without a licence - but attack the politicians responsible rather than the immigrants themeselves?

The real threats to our sport are pollution, abstraction by the water companies, bankside development and the growing influence of the 'antis'- not Poles taking fish for the pot.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Mike try growing a sense of humour.

You may be correct but seeing as all the other items you mention fall into the category of "whatever we do, we are banging our heads against a brick wall becaus the fat cats have got it stitched up" category

And by the way I don't like the way you weight your point....If I or anyone else wants to take potsots at immmigrants and our ludicrous immigration laws I/they can and will...Its my/our country and at the last time of checking it was still a free one.

By the way what is wrong with the BNP?

They are simply the manifestation of a failed multicultural experiment by the liberal elite.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Einsteins thory of relativity

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

That goes back to Newton mate.

Einsteins theory of relativity is defined in the equation:

E = MC 2

Where E = Energy, M = Mass and C = the speed of light.

mike Gibson

Reaction score
Lee

Take your point mate, but the problem of poles (or anyone else) illegally taking fish could and should be dealt with by better enforcement. As well as fish, I also shoot and if you walked onto to someone's land with an unlicensed shotgun and started taking pot shots at rabbits or wood pigeon the police would be there within minutes.

Yet despite you and I paying our taxes and dutifully buying an EA licence our fish stocks can apparently be stolen with impunity. I regulalrly 'phone both the Police and the EA with details of people who are obviously fishing unlawfully and nothing is done. I have requested a meeting with my MP to discuss this and would urge all FM members to do the same.

As for taking potshots at immigrants - fine, but this simply muddies the waters and will be exploited by both sides in the immigration debate. The problem of the theft of fish stocks will only addressed once the Police and the politicians take it seriously.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Mike, this was humour though, and is seen as such by those who regularly read Kevin's articles.

It should be taken in the same light as jokes about the Irish being thick, and the Scots being tight, and the Welsh being, well, Welsh. About Deanos being a fat b******, and me having a fat wallet.

If there was only ever political comment and humour about east Europeans on this site, then I would have to agree with you, but as it is, nobody is spared.

If the humour turns nasty then that's another question.

K

Kevin Perkins * CLXXX *

Mike
"A cheap shot at Eastern European immigrants that wouldn't have been out of place in a BNP leaflet. Would Kevian Perkins have written in similar terms about Blacks or Jews?"

Answer - Yes! If Blacks and/or Jews were found to be doing the same thing, I am afraid they would get similar treatment from me.

This is a tongue in cheek article written with as much intenton of raising awareness as raising a smile. Like you, I have ranted at the 'establishment' with regard to the lack of enforcement, and my current offer to the head of the EA is that I will work part-time as a bailiff, free of charge. That offer has not yet been taken up (or even responded to)

My biggest concern is that if wholesale removal of fish stocks continues without noticable enforcement, then in the not too distant future it will become custom and practice.

Once that happens, any attempt to curb it will no doubt be seen as an attack on an centuries old Eastern European custom, and therefore, not allowing it to continue will of course be a breach of Human Rights.

Finally Mike, as long as this country upholds the notion of free speech, I will continue to write what I like about who I like, in an effort to entertain. That effort involes me in writing 800-1000 words week in and week out on all manner of subjects, usually loosly connected to angling.

Despite appearances to the contrary, those articles are usually constructed with the intention of being satirical, maybe pointed, but never, ever, deliberately sarcastic, or as you say, 'A cheap shot'

I am not a natural writer, and believe me, these articles do not write themselves in that by and large, they have to be conjured up from nothing, with very little to reference to in the way of help. Despite that, I continue to plug away, hoping every week that what falls onto the paper manages to amuse someone out there.

And as long as Graham sees fit to publish those ramblings, they will continue to appear on FM

M

MarkTheSpark

Rather more enjoyable stuff than JL's call for us to beat up all Polish people, whom he labels 'scum'...