Donkey Tops

michaels

Reaction score
Does anyone know any angling centres or retailer/s that can supply donkey tops, usually glass fibre or even carbon (if they make them). I appreciate that one could use a standard "quiver tip", but in my case they are too short. I need one for a repair of a much loved rod. Any information appreciated . :)

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
most shops will ,elasticate poles for their customers ,which means they take out the old flick tip (usually a carbon solid tip) so usually have one or two too hand.i brought a pack years ago of e-bay mostly glass tips (painted black) and a smattering of smaller carbon tips.

DSC00596.jpg

if you struggle too get one ,i have some 1m glass ones with a base diameter of 5.05mm ,with the option of three tip diameters (0.8mm / 1.2mm / 1.65mm ),each one being slightly heavier than the other ( 1oz / 1.5oz / 2oz ) i'm down too my last thirty six or so ,and should be able too spare one .

DSC00590.jpg

you'll need too remove the black paint if you want a full white tip .it soon rubs of with fine grade wet&dry .

Last edited:

michaels

Reaction score
most shops will ,elasticate poles for their customers ,which means they take out the old flick tip (usually a carbon solid tip) so usually have one or two too hand.i brought a pack years ago of e-bay mostly glass tips (painted black) and a smattering of smaller carbon tips.

DSC00596.jpg

if you struggle too get one ,i have some 1m glass ones with a base diameter of 5.05mm ,with the option of three tip diameters (0.8mm / 1.2mm / 1.65mm ),each one being slightly heavier than the other ( 1oz / 1.5oz / 2oz ) i'm down too my last thirty six or so ,and should be able too spare one .

DSC00590.jpg

you'll need too remove the black paint if you want a full white tip .it soon rubs of with fine grade wet&dry .

Chavender, many thanks for the information and offer, I`ll hunt around and see if I can find any, now I know what to look for. If no joy, I`ll take you up on your very kind offer, your a gentlman