Penn & Teller & PETA

D

Dave O'L

Hello.
Long time no see. You may already be aware of this but for those that are not Penn & Teller have a little rant against PETA.
Just to let you know the language is a little 'industrial' so if you are young like Graham, listen with your eyes closed & your fingers in your ears.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-1913999390200944075&q="penn+&+Teller"

Sorry there is no hyperlink but I can't remember & don't fancy repeating that thread of 5 or so years ago??? :)

R

Rodney Wrestt

Dave's link

Alright Dave, hows it going mate? like you said long time no see. You back on or just passing through?

Since you're too lazy to start another 250 test page have a look Here :eek:)

D

Dave O'L

<a href="http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-1913999390200944075&q=%22penn+%26+Teller%22">Cor blimey I forgot about this</a>

Thanks Rodney me old flower, has it been that long? Doing good dear boy, thought I'd drop this off on the way through. I suppose you could say that I find it difficult to find time to have a proper look - & I suppose I'm still frightened of getting addicted again :). I was knackered by the end of the night trying to keep up with all the posts.

I've been shocking myself by learning about river fishing. Mind you sods law still strikes. I managed to get a day off 2 weeks ago with permission to go on the river with a mate. We thought it would be perfect as the river had been up but falling, but it thundered over night and we ended up at a fishery instead. Mind you I did catch a gudgeon longer than the length of my hand. It was bright silver & so bloomin' big I didn't realise what it was for a few mins. If it had been red I would have thought it was a gurnard :).

Nice to know that you're still there ready to welcome me back. Take care & hope the world is treating you right?

D

Dave O'L

Ah well even with the help of Uncle Rodney I still fail miserably - my river fishing isn't any better either!

R

Rodney Wrestt

Dave sorry mate,
On the generator before you cut and paste the address, delete the line which starts http in the generators' address line so it doesn't appear twice whe you paste in the site address you want to link to.

Also remember to put a tick in the Use BBCode instead of HTML box, the links should be ok then, just cut and paste it into your post on here and Rodney's yer Uncle :eek:).

Ehhh, yep I've been fine, busy at work and don't get on here as often as I used to. Are you sure it wasn't a baby barbel you had, unless of course you're 6'6" with average persons hands :eek:) That fish is more action than I've had in months...... sounds wrong but you know what I mean :eek:) I just haven't been out for ages and now the weather's taken a turn for the worse. I'll need to make a point of getting out for a session soon though, on the river or canal.

Wend's back on again and there's also a new girl, Claudia..... she's also a tease :eek:)

Don't think Monks talking to me though, after a bit of banter about the ladies :eek:)

I was only joking Monk.

D

Dave O'L

Ahhhh! Mr Monk a fellow Lancastrian. Hope he's well. May not have much connection with the Dale for long as it looks like my mater & pater will be moving down here. Maybe I'll never have that chance to catch a fish from the 'Roch'. Always used to wonder when I was a kid if the Roch would ever have fish in it again & then I found out a few years ago, via Mr Monk, that there are sections with trout in now??? Maybe I need to sneak a rod in the car when I come up for 'the last Rochdale Christmas'. May even get to Spotland if they are at home - then again the way they are playing at present. I mean loosing to the arch enemy Bury (Halifax of course being the arch arch enemy :)).

Looks like I've been missing all the fun if Wendy is back - hello Wendy!

My 1st thought Rodney was a small barbel. The water in question is a lake with a few small barbel, but it also has some big gudgeon. Thing was it had the shape but 2 barbels (not a barbel), 'very' silver & a pronounced concave dorsal fin. What put me in mind of a gurnard was the feel of its body & I'm sure that it would have filleted like one, it felt very 'meaty'. I've read that gudgeon are meant to be fine eating & are prepared like whitebait. This one was definitely a single portion. My mate & I both thought afterwards that I should have taken a photo????

Thanks for yet another I.T. lesson Rodney. You wouldn't believe that I am the one sorting out most of the PC problems at work.

Nice to hear from you again & best of luck with those canals. I found the G. Union awkward when I was there, as after being brought up on mill lodges, I never knew what to do with the slight flow, no flow, drag, boats, bikes, dogs, gits etc :). Thinking about it now maybe the Stour isn't that difficult?????????

R

Rodney Wrestt

Likewise Dave, It's good to hear from you again, I hope you can stay longer this time (you popped in for a little while about a year ago I think) at least until you feel the craving's becoming too much :eek:)

I don't doubt your fish identification there Dave, very thorough. it's One or the other.

I know what you mean about the conditions on most canals, luckily (depending on your outlook I suppose) the canal I fish isn't navigable, so it's still 99% of the time, this has meant a problem with duck weed in recent years. Leaving the bottom unfishable for long periods, then when it comes out of hibernation and floats to the surface it's like a football pitch and you can't cast through it. Strange that my p.b. roach, breem, tench, gudgeon and carp all came from there.

D

Dave O'L

Still can't resist the old I.T. show off eh Rodney? :)

I was thinking Rodney what's a breem, maybe that is what I caught??????

Catch up soon, especially if there are 2 girls on the forum now :)

R

Rodney Wrestt

took me so long to learn how to do it I keep it up for practice..... :eek:)

Yeah yeah, Dave the dicto.... dictoi... spellin' book.

Actually they are like BREAM only smaller :eek:)

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Dave.. hello matey!

how are you ? it's nice to see some of the OLD faces appearing once in a while you lot are like my family lol...

Wodders what do you mean by claudia is a tease AS WELL.... i hope your not saying i tease on here ;)

D

Dave O'L

Hello Wendy 2, good to hear & see your face up there. I must say 'look at you' with that fish. You've look like you've been doing really well. I hope you were not attracted to this page by Rodney's "I keep it up for practice" comment.

I was thinking it only seems like the other day when you were starting and there was that other classy lady 'Clem Paggle'. I wonder how she is doing???????

As for teasing, I seem to remember getting into a bit of trouble many years ago when I thought we'd gone a bit far with you, eh Wendy!

Anyway now you've got me interested I'll have to look out for Claudia, I can't see her competing with you? :)

R

Rodney Wrestt

Smooth Dave, very smooth. Sadly it won't work unless you can outclass our Paul in the jam making stakes (he's got Wendy hooked, and she doesn't even realise it yet, shhhhh)

I hope you were not attracted to this page by Rodney's "I keep it up for practice" comment.
Dave your mind is in the gutter, tsk, it never entered my mind someone would take it that way...... and yes I know I said"take it that way :eek:)

Ohhh, come now Wend, you know how to get the lads hot under the collar when the mood takes you, Claudia does too so don't flutter those lashes and pout in innocence ;o)

D

Dave O'L

Ah ha found her - Wiltshire, why that's just up the road.
I can see that with all these lovely ladies, someone with my good looks had better be careful on this site - especially as Rodney is now being suggestive! :)

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
:) you two are like the two ronnies LOL yeah you like my pike Dave? Paul brummie willie help me out there well he set my rod up i caught it though and brought them allllll in!
He just sat there and told me what to do!

Wodders!!!!! :)quips lol

D

Dave O'L

Actually I did begin to wonder how many hands you had Wendy - I thought that's why you're popular with the lads, sort of 'Naked Gun' talent.

Incidentally I never knew it was called a pike! I'm also very confused as I was born in Birmingham - does that mean I've also got a 'brummie willie' or is it another name for a S.T.D.

By the way what happened to the old 'blond bombshell' look?

Rodney that picture of yours is still bloomin - all I can see out of the corner of my eye isn't Wendy but you flashing.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
you gotta have 4 hands when your piking dave!

brunette's have more fun believe me :)

E

Evan

Thanks for the original post, tho its force seems to have got diluted somewhere in the rest of the follow up posts.... (and any woman with 4 hands has my full and undivided attention..... )

Good to see PETA getting it in the neck and with proper citation of the evidence against them. Nice one P & T

Let's also not forget that the RSPCA kills more animals than anyone else in this country too; three days, that's your lot - if the owners haven't picked you up or someone else hasn't adopted you by then goodbye and hello gas oven.

While on the subject it is worth pointing out that the RSPCA is one of the very richest UK charities there is - ?80 million in reserve suspense account alone (ie. spare unused money....) the last time I checked it out. Not as rich as the RSPB mind you.

While the NSPCC (no royal sponsor you note) spends every comparatively paltry penny it gets on children. Children ! Gosh, imagine it.... putting children first, what a terrible waste, what priorities do these people have...

What sort of society are we in this country putting the likes of birds, cats and dogs ahead of children ?. Heaven help us.

Plus the hundreds more little old ladies queuing up to add to the RSPCA's riches by way of bequests in their wills in the mistaken belief that their Pussy pussy Willow will be taken care of. NOT.

As if that weren't enough the RSPCA is always positively salivating at the prospect, which it pursues at every possible opportunity, of getting its snout into the trough of public funding and taxpayers money as an "animal's police force"... Over my dead body for one.

My mother, a Crufts championship judge and dog breeder of note in her time, has no time for the RSPCA, nor any of her peers.

Her bequests are going to the PDSA - no animal ever unnecessarily put down. Ever. Long may their lum reek as it says.

Seems to be my day for rants tonight.... :)