Forum Newbie

gazb

Reaction score
Hi am Gaz, new to the forum, been angling for over forty years. Bit of an eccentric. But a consistant angler all the same. I enjoy most types of angling and really put the hours in. Been currently fishing Rosemary Wood Fishery on a regular basis.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Welcome to FM. You're going to need all the eccentricity skills you learnt over those 40 years on here :)

gazb

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Geoff. Theres nowt hard about fishing or catching fish. So long as you don't get brainwashed by all the hype :)

gazb

Reaction score
Cheers guys looking forward to sharing some of my missions. Im not a sort of mad man. I just tend to use simple methods in my angling. I'm not one these tackle tarts, everything I use is practical. On long sessions I have a dog that barks when I get a run. I havent trained him to do this, he just does it on his own. and he always comes for a look at the landed fish, lol.
By eccentric, I mean I have a fair bit of knowledge and make all my own rigs and set ups and my legendry bucket of groundbait.
I just love angling and do everything on a tight budget.
My methods ensure that my catch rate is consistent

gazb

Reaction score
LOL, I'm originally from Preston and grew up on the good old Lanky and the Ribble. I just like to see people look at my my tackle and laugh. But I always laugh at the end of the session. I'm not a show off by any means, but I see new anglers with tackle youd need a mortgage to buy. I just think it's a little excessive. Yorkshire is as good as Lancashire for fisheries and good anglers :)

gazb

Reaction score
Sorry don't do discreet, I think thats thats the journalist in me or maybe just my Lancashire charm. LOL:confused:

gazb

Reaction score
:) Thanks guys, I usually do mate.lol. Ok there are some things that cannot be bought, thats knowledge. But I enjoy every minute I fish. I just love being outdoors and I am a bit of photography addict. So if it's a slow session I usually amuse myself with mt camera, it's a great way to break the boredom.
It seems like a friendly forum, I'm a bit of a joker so I think I'll fit in fine.:D