Hollowell res

Steve Hall

Reaction score
Seriously thinking of getting a season ticket for Hollowell reservoir next season for the bream and tench and pike in the winter months, Have any of you lads got any feedback on what it's like there?
Ive heard it's quite a difficult water, Is this because of the size of the water or have the fish seen it all before there?
I live a good few miles from there so im trying to pick waters that are within reasonable distance but would be worth the effort, Any help much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I hace a ticket and found it hard going.

Firt trip was a 48 hour biteless blank. Everyone else I spoke to blanked and too I saw just the one fish. Conditions were reasonable too.

Over the other two trips I had a few tench and bream to just under 8lb, but it was hard work. The other anglers I spoke to blanked.

I did see a couple of lads lure fishing and they caught a few pike up to around 8lb.

I must admit I like the place, but it's a 200 mile round trip for me so I won't be re-joining. It's a pretty water and all the other anglers I met were very friendly.

I think you need to fish it regularly to get to grips with it.

Steve Hall

Reaction score
Thanks Matt, I live about 25 miles away but have limited fishing time so im looking at after work short sessions with the odd weekend trip thrown in, I must admit when i had a look round the place earlier this year it did look a good water but the lads i was speaking too also said it's hard work but if your prepared too put the time in results can be very good, Ive one or two other waters too consider so i appreciate your reply Matt, Thanks.

P

Phil Hackett The ostrich pie hater

My mate joined it 2 seasons ago and like Matt found it hard going, so let the ticket go the following season. Suffered from a weed problem he said from July onwards.