Dodgy item on ebay???

Windy

Reaction score
I note that although it says "10 available, 23 sold" the seller has no feedback. None at all. Despite those 23 supposed sales....

I'd buy it myself at that price but only using PayPal and after the seller gets some feedback posted.

It does look well dodgy to be honest. But stranger things have happened cheap on Fleabay, bankrupt stock bought for a song sold for ditto etc etc etc.

I have had some unbelievable bargains over the years.

gazb

Reaction score
An excellent bargain if it was true. Yet again it may be worth taking a risk with paypal protection. But sounds extremely dodgey with the no feedback rating.:(

sam vimes

Reaction score
Might be perfectly legitimate but it may not. I guess that more than more than the odd one or two of the twenty five buyers will have had similar reservations but thought it worth the risk. "You pay your money and take your chance". If you wait too long to find out if it's legitimate then it'll probably be a case of "if you snooze, you lose".;):D

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When I saw this I pressed buy it now but didn't pay to see how it went. I'm glad i didn't as I've just had a message from ebay telling me not to pay if I haven't already done so...I know your covered by paypal but i'm glad I never paid :).

jollyboy

Reaction score
I sent Ebay a message....like some have said there may be nothing wrong with the auction or ebayer....they are better off pre-warned and nothing be wrong with it than have a scam artiest on there books and not have a clue

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
It was my understanding that a seller cannot offer a 'Buy It Now' unless they already have a fair bit of positive feedback from past sales. You have to have had several auctions before you can do it.

I wonder how this listing was ever created then?

sam vimes

Reaction score
Indeed looks like a scammer

Certainly does now. However, it may be the case that ebay have erred on the side of caution after recieving lots of notifications. Unless they already know he's a scammer, they'll wait and see if people that have already ordered get their goods without complaint.

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
If he has sold 23 - he's sold them back to himself on another account. It goes on alot and needs clamping down.

Btw the middy robo chair is excellent, got mine of eBay - tackle2fish was the seller.

rains

Reaction score
It was my understanding that a seller cannot offer a 'Buy It Now' unless they already have a fair bit of positive feedback from past sales. You have to have had several auctions before you can do it.

I wonder how this listing was ever created then?
Nope i only have 4 feedback 100% and can list buy now