Walking-the-dog

• Thread starter Krasimir Bacargiev
  • Start date
K

Krasimir Bacargiev

Have someone used this technique? I've read a lot about bass fishing, and it's usually described as extremely effective, though not easy to perform. There are some specialized lures for it too. Is it something close to jerkbaiting? And can it be used for piking? Also which lures you suggest will be best to perform this technique. THanks, Hope to hear from you soon.
Have a lucky fishing, you all!

R

Ron Clay

Don't the yanks love to canonise a simple method.

Walking the Dog is performed using what are termed stick baits which are designed to fish top water. A stick bait is a straight floating plug.

You cast it out and then let it sit for a while. Then you sort of jerk or jiggle the bait so that it sort of walks from side to side on the water. Difficult to describe in words.

Stick baits are extremely effective top water lures. The Zara Spook is typical of such lures.

Oh sweet memories - why have we no large mouth bass in UK?

R

Rob Brownfield

Ron, we do!!!!! There are two water stocked with these fish...but both are stricktl private..one near me and the other down south...both within the fences of American airbases!!

The Zara Spook in "Frog" colours has caught me pleny of pike.....

C

Chris Bishop

Straight talking from Ron there. I thought you were meant to be fishing the Fens with some of us oiks this week....