ACA REPORT - NOW OUT!

W

Wolfman Woody

Just a quick glance at it, but I see that it now includes a balance sheet fort the previous year -THIS IS A FIRST I BELIEVE.

Well done Mark Lloyd and the team.

Got to read teh rest of it now, heads down!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Anyone up for the annual dinner at the back end of March? If we can get a table of 10 it will be ?80.00 a ticket with food and booze all included.I may stick it up as a seperate thread.

J

John McLaren

An interesting point: (I don't have the report with me so I can't quote the actual figures!) the finance report claims that last year expenditure was down and income up but the figures show that whilst the ACA spent less income was also down - largely I suspect to all the palaver during the year.

I am quite sure that they are now back on track but, unless I read it wrong, they do appear to have misrepresented in the text the actual situation at the end of the last accounting period.

I suspect that they are talking about income over the calendar year but that is not made clear.

W

Wolfman Woody

"largely I suspect to all the palaver during the year."

Yes, strange how "non-legal staff costs" have fallen by ?74,100. That's quite a saving.

W

Wolfman Woody

Needless to say that the ACA still needs MORE members.

If it had 2000 more that could mean up to ?40,000 extra, 5000 more would be ?100,000 extra. More importantly, these extra members would encourage more manufacturers to advertise in the ACA report, perhaps bringing in more revenue?

It only costs ?20 for an individual member (or just ?12 if your club is a member too). That's less than 40p (25p) per week - how much do you spend on bait per week? How much on beer, how much on fags?

Joining up is like an buying an insurance policy. You hope to god you never have to claim, but it's always there should you need it. There's plenty of clubs that do need it judging by Guy Lindley-Adams' Legal Report, and that's juts the tip of the iceberg, methinks.

So if you're not a member -JOIN UP NOW @ ACA

Thought I'd do the link, saves your clicky finger to write a cheque instead.