Fishing in Poland?

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
I'm going to Poland next month, taking an 8 month post teaching English. I'll be living in Piotrkow Trybunalski, a medium sized town an hour or so south of Lodz, in central Poland.

I'm close to a huge lake called Jezioro Sulejowskie. My searches on the net have proved fruitless as regards fishing here, or nearby.

Does anyone know anything about the fishing opportunities in the area, suggestions of what gear to take with me?

Cheers.

dannytaylor

Reaction score
im led to believe it can be quite difficult out there due to most fish being taken for the pot. Im sure there will be a few hidden gems for you to discover. Did anybody see the "lake escapes" where matt hayes fished out there, he had a real grueller and struggled to catch anything.

Rickrod

Reaction score
im led to believe it can be quite difficult out there due to most fish being taken for the pot. Im sure there will be a few hidden gems for you to discover. Did anybody see the "lake escapes" where matt hayes fished out there, he had a real grueller and struggled to catch anything.

That was filmed on a private catch and release water aswel

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Managed to find a video on youtube of a bloke catching a 2lb perch through a small hole he drilled in about a foot of ice on the lake! He put it back :)

Pete Shears

Reaction score
I would think it pretty poor as most of them are over here eating our fish

Morespiders

Reaction score
Managed to find a video on youtube of a bloke catching a 2lb perch through a small hole he drilled in about a foot of ice on the lake! He put it back :)
So you have to catch that 2lb perch in that one massive lake, Im not coming with you Ric, Sorry mate

uscarper

Reaction score
dont know about poland,but have fished in bulgaria. ifished just a few hours . but my wife also said it would be difficult at best.almost all fish are eaten there.she said that especially before 1991 peolple would net fish, make traps, even use explosives to get fish. its changed some now, but the damage is already done. fish stocks are low at best.:(

abborre

Reaction score

uscarper

Reaction score
abborre, its the same in bulgaria, if they catch minnows they eat them. once i was catfishing and using small 3 inch creek chubs for livebait. when i was ready to leave i was going to dump the remaining chubs in the river. my bulgarian wife said why are you dumping them. i replied i have no where to keep them alive for later. she said i'll cook them. i laughed, but she was serious. the first carp she saw me release about put her in shock:D