Liquidised corn

nicky

Reaction score
Have a couple of weeks off work and lots of free time to go fishing.
Bored of fishing the method feeder so thought i would try some different just for a change.

I have just liquidised 1kg of sweetcorn and was thinking of fishing it in a cage feeder plugged off with a bit of ground vitalin, do you think this will be any good and should i fish a short hooklink or a bit longer?

rains

Reaction score
Have a couple of weeks off work and lots of free time to go fishing.
Bored of fishing the method feeder so thought i would try some different just for a change.

I have just liquidised 1kg of sweetcorn and was thinking of fishing it in a cage feeder plugged off with a bit of ground vitalin, do you think this will be any good and should i fish a short hooklink or a bit longer?
Unsure i know one thing when i liquidised bread and corn it was like glue

nicky

Reaction score
yea i know what you mean the corn at the moment is a nice cloudy mush so im going to keep it separate from the vitalin and just use the vitalin to plug the feeder.

Did try to mix it with vitalin once and like you said it set like concrete not the effect i was looking for, im going to mix the crushed vitalin on the dry side just to plug the feeder as i want the whole lot to explode out of the feeder on contact with the water to produce a nice cloud.

nicky

Reaction score
Have you tried that peter as i'm sure i tried that before and ended up in a sticky mess

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I never use Vitalin at all, so I'd opt for an 'explosive' feeder groundbait instead.

I've used liquidised corn together with Sensas Explosive Feeder groundbait many times and never had a problem with 'stickiness'; mix the Sensas quite dry though using an atomiser.

nicky

Reaction score
well i tried and failed, think it was more than likely down to poor swim selection mind rather than the method will have to try it again, because i switched over to my usual proven method after about 5 hours with 1 bream to show for my efforts and they didnt respond to that either.

timon1977

Reaction score
I use liquidised corn regularly on my local commercial. I normally dont mix it with anything and just fill a block end feeder with it. Puts a nice column in the water and the bream go absolutely mental for it. Not too sure what it would be like for carp though. Also it's very messy so I always take a towel with me.:)

nicky

Reaction score
Yes i know what you mean definitely regretted not having a towel or old rag with me today would have made things a lot better.
I know over local waters where this would have instant results i'm sure but this water is a funny one its like as if the fish are conditioned to take boilies and pellets plus being very peggy if you want consistent results.

abborre

Reaction score
Yes i know what you mean definitely regretted not having a towel or old rag with me today would have made things a lot better.
I know over local waters where this would have instant results i'm sure but this water is a funny one its like as if the fish are conditioned to take boilies and pellets plus being very peggy if you want consistent results.
i often use liquidised corn but change the colour from time to time any food colouring will do i find bright orange is very good