Angled Alarms

Mark Hunt

Reaction score
Hi All

I recently fished the River Trent for the 1st time and noted that there were some lads obviously out for barbel. They fished with their rods at a 45 degree angle in the rest as you would expect, but some obviously had bite alarms fitted to the front rod rest to avoid the necessity of always watching the rod top.
My question is, what attachment can you get that allows you to tilt the bite alarm - say a Fox MMX on the rest to allow consistent line contact because if you just fish a vertical rod rest / alarm and put the rod in at a steep angle, the line doesn't stay in contact with the bite alarm, or do you just put your rod rest in at an angle so it naturally angles the alarm back ???
I hope you know what I mean and that it's not a stupid question...

Mark

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Know what you mean Mark not stupid at all.

I bought a pair of angle heads for my first visit to the Trent too. I can't for the life of me think who manufactured them? I bought them at Veals, ?5 each, they are brilliant! I think they were designed for keepnets?

Good luck mate.

S

sash

Seymo make a good one if they are still available, probably the same one the guys are on about. Black in colour with a thumb turn arrangement?

G

Gary Knowles

Korum also do a buzz bar which is angled. a great bit of kit and I did a review on them somewhere on this site.

I'm just rubbish at posting links or I would.

Mark Hunt

Reaction score
Thanks lads, they're just the ticket..
That Korum lot seem to have their heads screwed on right. Everything I get from them (got the chair recently which is ace for fishing off dams, etc) seems to have been thought out by someone who actually goes fishing...

Thanks again

G

Gary Knowles

thanks Graham...

Mark - I'm in agreement there. Everything that comes out of Korum as obviously been well thought out before going to production.