ACA Fundraising Dinner

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Last years inaugral dinner was a great success by all accounts with over ?10000 raised for the ACA.

Tables of 10 are available for next years dinner, again at the Fishnmonger's Hall in London,at a cost of ?80.00 per person.This includes all food and drink.

There will be a charity auction afterwards.

It would be great if we could get an FM table together for the event.Anyone up for it?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Certainly Peter.We would need to book by Christmas.

Greg, if we cannot get enough FMers how about a joint table with you rich journo types from the AT?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Nigel,

Where could I spent the night?

Is the Savoy OK these days?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ron, the Savoy is nothing like its' old self.

Today it is part of the Fairmont Group, from North America, and quite honestly the only good thing about the place these days is that it is still only a few minutes away from Simpson's!

If you are serious then take a look at; Blakes, the Draycott or even the Chesterfield.

If we manage to get a table then I'll be staying in the City overnight too.

Nigel, have you had any 'takers' from the AT?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

A ?80.00 a ticket, it will be the Travelodge for me!!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

As a life member of the ACA and a supporter since 1959, this dinner is something I would really like to attend.

However add together this lot.

+- ?100 for the train fare.
At least ?200 for a reasonable London Hotel.
Add to that, ?80 for the dinner.

With incidentals, that will total not far short of ?450.

I'm afraid that's far too much. No problem for you lawyers of course Nigel.

But I will be with them in spirit.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I can get a return ticket to Joburg for just over ?450!!!

F

Fred Bonney

Check your calendars boy's 27th is a tuesday,they've got it wrong!
Ron, you can get a decent hotel in Shoreditch, for ?91 inc breakfast!Not that far away from the Hall.
Of course, you could always get your driver to take you down in your new Merc!!!!!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ron, if your accountant cannot think outside of the box and turn the trip, hotel and incidentals into a 'business expense' then you need to change your accountant.

At the moment it looks like just you and I Nigel, so come on FM'ers give this evening some SERIOUS consideration and lets have an FM table and show our SUPPORT!

Even with Ron's biased estimate it works out to less than one pound a week for the year, or less than a half a pint of maggots, less than one pack of smokes a week, or one litre of petrol/diesel a week.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Peter,

You had better give me the name of your accountant. Let's face it I have to fight assole Blair and legalised robber Brown in this case.

Brown wants to rob families of inheritance money.

Let's face it it's not HIS money, it is capital accumulated by families to pass on when they die.

For the Love of God, Brown is surely the biggest, most unapprehensible pig that has ever polluted the air with his breath.

F

Fred Bonney

All Chancellors of the exchequer have done it.
Spend it,your 'kids' don't need your money,in this day and age.

If, they've got anything about them,that is.

Any capital I have, will be well spent by the time I die.
So should yours.
No excuses Ron,go to the ACA dinner,that's if you, really want to.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
I would really like to come but I have really sailed tight to the wind of late and am totally strapped for cash.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

The date is wrong in the report.Fred, it is definately on Thursday 22nd February as I checked with the ACA.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
oh i could wear a posh frock! :) instead of my korum gear and cap...

Seriously though wouldn't it be nice if we could get an FM table...we should do it maybe the year after and give people time then to save for it all year?

Maybe nominate someone to be the fm "banker" and send money every month to them i dunno just an idea...